Notifications
Clear all

Can't Use Bp Or Salicylic Acid. What Else Is There?

MemberMember
(@bspencer25)

Posted : 07/11/2014 4:23 pm

Hey guys, I'm getting really frustrated. I was using the regimen products for a few months and my skin never got used to it. My skin was always burning and itching and it never seemed to adjust. I've also tried SA and I thinking I'm allergic to it since it gives me this rash whenever I try it. I recently tried mixing one drop of 100% pure tea tree oil into my moisturizer, but even that gave me pimples. I'm not sure what to do. I'm a 26-year old male and right now my face is pretty bumpy with various whiteheads around my mouth area. It's killing me. I'm just using the acne.org cleanser, then Dickinson's Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner, then I dab some of the Desert Essence Spot Treatment on my zits and follow up with Cerave Moisturizer. Any advice on what else to try? My skin is really sensitive it seems, so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 07/13/2014 3:43 am

I also have extremely sensitive skin. BP and SA are too irritatating for me and causee to have breakouts. One thing that has helped me alot is eliminating all products with: sulfates, parabens, tallowates, soaps, oils, dyes, fragrances. I have found that sulfur based and ketoconazole based products do not irritate me. Those are only "acne" products that I use. I also use a gentle non-irritating face wash, Dickinson foaming face wash. I've had issues anytime I've tried using moisturizers on my face, so I don't use. My skin tends toward the oily side.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 07/13/2014 1:50 pm

pretty sure its the cerave moisturzer thats clogging your pores