Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PersonWithAcne

Anything Else I Can Try For My Acne

My acne is pretty bad. It's cystic. It's not the worst on a scale of 1-10 it's like a 7. I've tried every OTC. Sylacilic acid and benzoyl peroxide. Nothing works. I recieved clindamycin oral it helped a bit but it came back. Should I try COD liver oil? I heard it works. I'm too poor to go to a dermatologist. I also tried retina A generic of course and it's not helping. It's making my face red. I don't know what to do. It's so discouraging. I want to get accutane but I only have access to a free clinic and I don't know if they'll give it to me for free. Any other products out there?

Hey! I've had great results recently with a simple Sulfur cleanser (my particular one is Sulfur/Sodium Sulfacetamide) I got it via an RX and it was cheap.

Can you get on Medicaid through the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)? I'm poor, I was able to, and I pay zero for Medicaid and paid zero for my derm visit and one dollar for this RX. And it saved my face. See if you can do it. If not, a derm visit to get this RX is probably under $150 and the RX itself is I think under $30... which, even if you're poor, doesn't seem impossible to raise. Give it a shot!