Notifications
Clear all

Vitamins, Minerals, Stress For Acne?

MemberMember
(@acnegone5)

Posted : 07/09/2014 1:36 pm

I believe that I'm deficient in something and also believe that there are vitamins and supplements I can take to help get rid of my current out breaks.

I've started taking zinc 15mg weeks ago after hearing it can help get rid of acne outbreaks quicker. I've also purchased some vitamin B complex and heard mixed reviews for this (some seem to outbreak bad where as other get OK results). B Complex helps eliminate stress which is good for acne - but too higher dose might cause skin to produce more oil and cause bigger outbreaks.

Vitamin D - Im checking for this and ordered a blood test. I get little to no sun and little D in my diet. This could have impact on

Any supplements helped you much?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/09/2014 1:44 pm

Magnesium is the one and only supp that has helped me with stress and sleep.

MemberMember
(@acnegone5)

Posted : 07/09/2014 2:15 pm

Well from what i've read as long as you don't have crazy doses of vitamins and minerals then they're totally fine to take, at worse you'll just be peeing them out, but if you are deficent then they'll help you get what you need. So to me it makes clear sense to have vitamins on top of a good diet. Food isn't what it use to be anymore, it's all industrial farmed and much food is processed, and really makes you think that it's much harder in todays work to get the right vitamins than it ever use to be!

However, I would avoid taking much or any Vitamin A as this is one vitamin found to be bad in excess.

If my vitamin D comes back low from blood test then I'll ask how much to take.

Interesting you say magnesium helps you with stress.. that's exactly what i've read it help do and I've started taking it a little now.

MemberMember
(@animals)

Posted : 07/09/2014 6:35 pm

I used Mg too. and I usually try to get my vitamins from animal foods since they are more bioavailable than plants and of course pills. I used to spend tons of money on pills and they didnt do even half of what animal foods did for me. B complex and vitamin A. mostly raw milk kefir and raw butter for vitamin A and grass fed meats for B's. If you check most supplements have an unusual high dose for all B's (I checked online for the recommended intake and most pills I saw in the health store has 300%+ the recommended dosage. B's don't have to be taken in high amounts to be effective just bioavailable especially since most of us that suffer from skin problems usually come from not being able to digest nutrients properly and immunity problems. even people with hormonal acne usually comes from not being able to process hormones properly in the stomach with is where all nutrients and hormones are absorbed.

MemberMember
(@kaylo3)

Posted : 07/10/2014 9:50 am

Maca balances hormones - helped me