Notifications
Clear all

Subcision With Fillers...

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 05/27/2014 9:28 am

I am becoming obsessed with two large scars on my cheekbone. They have not really responded to anythingfraxel, needling, TCA cross (once), micro penwell, maybe they have a little. So hard to tell. Even from pictures I've taken, I can't seem to replicate lighting/angle. They are still very noticeable.

I even had silicone micro droplet twicebut now I think the dr missed, or that it shifted bcs there is an area BELOW the scar that looks a little plumper than it should. SIGH.

I've found a local plastic surgeon that I am going to book a consult with that does excisions and subcision with fillers. Obviously, I will get his opinion. But wondering from those on this forum what the personal experience has been with either of these?

Any input greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 05/27/2014 10:41 am

I am becoming obsessed with two large scars on my cheekbone. They have not really responded to anythingfraxel, needling, TCA cross (once), micro penwell, maybe they have a little. So hard to tell. Even from pictures I've taken, I can't seem to replicate lighting/angle. They are still very noticeable.

I even had silicone micro droplet twicebut now I think the dr missed, or that it shifted bcs there is an area BELOW the scar that looks a little plumper than it should. SIGH.

I've found a local plastic surgeon that I am going to book a consult with that does excisions and subcision with fillers. Obviously, I will get his opinion. But wondering from those on this forum what the personal experience has been with either of these?

PICS WOULD HELP

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 05/27/2014 2:35 pm

Yes, pics would help. I did subcision + filler twice. Very exciting results at first (even rejoiced over it on acne.org) but over the course of a few of weeks my improvement vanished. Very disappointing. At $500-1000 per treatment I couldn't afford another failure so I've moved on the spot laser treatments.

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 05/27/2014 2:51 pm

post-36614-0-65905800-1401222498.jpg

Ack! why is it so big??

Tried to find the worst lighting, which is now super depressing to me, bcs a lot of those scars aren't even on my radar..I'm just worried about the largest two.

FreshStart¦.the results only lasted a couple of weeks?? I know that can be true of filler, but I assumed that in conjunction with subcision you'd get get some actually scar revision, not just a temporary fix.

post-36614-0-65905800-1401222498.jpg

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 05/27/2014 3:42 pm

Don't go there girl...don't start obsessing over scars that you hadn't noticed before! Been there, done that.

The filler didn't last long at all for me. I had Juvederm followed by Restalyne a month later the first time, Perlane the second time. Within 3 weeks, gone.

As for the subcision, it may have made a small difference (maybe 10%) but I don't think it's worth the money I spent.

I'm now doing Profractional spot treatments.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 05/27/2014 4:44 pm

i can't wait until we get a perm filler or a 10 year filler be nice if the had bondo for skin lol

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 05/27/2014 5:10 pm

i can't wait until we get a perm filler or a 10 year filler be nice if the had bondo for skin lol

it already exists it called silicone

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 05/27/2014 7:46 pm

so silicone will last 10 years?

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 05/28/2014 4:13 am

Hi Chrissy,

From your pics, I think you've boxcar scar. In my opinion, subcission and filler will work for rolling scar, excision will work for icepick and boxcar. Plastic surgeon will suggest the right treatment for your scars. If you decide to have excision, make sure your PS use scalpel instead of punch and perform double stitch for deep scar.

Good luck with your consultation and keep us update with the result!!

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 05/28/2014 7:15 am

so silicone will last 10 years?

ye

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/28/2014 9:14 am

Silicone doesn't last 10 years. It's permanent. Forever.

Silicone, however, is always used off label for injections into the skin. Artefill is the only approved permanent filler. The thing about permanent fillers is that you have to do a risk assessment because they can cause reactions years down the line. It's up to the individual if they can accept the risks.

OP, you have rolling scars and they should respond to subcision and filler. Other than a couple of scars, your skin is not bad at all.

I find that fillers fail because people do not use it on the right scars, and most doctors are just terrible at filling scars because they do not use proper lighting or just rush through it.

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 05/28/2014 11:32 am

Rolling scars? Really? In person (to me) they look like individual indents, with defined edges. But they are kind of close together and irregular in shape. Or maybe the micro needling is actually changing them.

I did silicone micro droplet on these scars and I swear it looks like the stuff migrated. You can't see it in the photo but the area underneath is slightly puffy. Not super noticeable, but something I can see.

Blahblanblah - thanks for saying my skin is not bad. It is consuming my brain, and the pic makes it look worse than i ever realized!

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 05/28/2014 3:28 pm

what fillers did you guys have ? when i had restylane, the dr notified me it would help create collegen, and leave some permanent effects. i had a SMALL amount injected above my lip, and i still have results from it 1 year later...

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 05/28/2014 5:22 pm

Rolling scars? Really? In person (to me) they look like individual indents, with defined edges. But they are kind of close together and irregular in shape. Or maybe the micro needling is actually changing them.

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 05/28/2014 6:31 pm

what fillers did you guys have ? when i had restylane, the dr notified me it would help create collegen, and leave some permanent effects. i had a SMALL amount injected above my lip, and i still have results from it 1 year later...

My understanding is that it is very dependent on where you have the filler placed. My scars are on my cheekbone. Something about that area makes the filler more temporary.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 05/28/2014 10:13 pm

I find that fillers fail because people do not use it on the right scars, and most doctors are just terrible at filling scars because they do not use proper lighting or just rush through it.

So true!! As we all know, lighting changes everything. Both times I had the filler I felt the PS didn't take lighting into account and I ended up being dissatisfied.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 05/28/2014 11:53 pm

My understanding is that it is very dependent on where you have the filler placed. My scars are on my cheekbone. Something about that area makes the filler more temporary.

lips are suppose to be shorter because you talk and it breaks down quicker. i still have left over restylane in my scar, and its a year later. did you have restylane ?

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 05/29/2014 8:03 am

Could I just add, don't go for excision if your scars are wide and shallow.

OP, the two biggest scars you've pointed out are rather shallow (yes, still indented to a degree) and I personally believe you should just go ahead with subcision and fillers. Spot treatment like FreshStart2014 is another good option as well.

I've had excisions on my scars and perhaps I'm genetic coded to scar really easily now my excised scars have become wider and deeper. Mind you I have two times excision on all my scars by two renowned P.S from my country. No improvements; only deeper and wider scars.

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 05/29/2014 11:15 am

Could I just add, don't go for excision if your scars are wide and shallow.

OP, the two biggest scars you've pointed out are rather shallow (yes, still indented to a degree) and I personally believe you should just go ahead with subcision and fillers. Spot treatment like FreshStart2014 is another good option as well.

I've had excisions on my scars and perhaps I'm genetic coded to scar really easily now my excised scars have become wider and deeper. Mind you I have two times excision on all my scars by two renowned P.S from my country. No improvements; only deeper and wider scars.

That scares the fool out of me, to think I could make things worse. It's why I am aggressive with treatment for a time and then back off for several months and sometimes years. Sometimes I think (with fraxel and needling) "if I had just done a few more treatments than maybe I would have seen the improvement I was looking for!" But there is also a part of me that wonders if I've incrementally made my skin worse with all this "messing". I hate this whole journey. But really feel like I could be almost satisfied if I could resolve the biggest of the scars. I've come to realize that most people have skin imperfections. Most people have large pores to some degree. A lot of my smaller scars can be passed off for large pores. But the big ones? Debilitating for me.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 05/29/2014 9:07 pm

i have read some horrible reviews on realself .com about silicone injects ...i just got done with my 4th peel and 25% tca 5 stage and my skin is looking ALOT better!

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 05/29/2014 10:48 pm

i have read some horrible reviews on realself .com about silicone injects ...i just got done with my 4th peel and 25% tca 5 stage and my skin is looking ALOT better!

At home peels? Where do you get them? I'm very interested in giving this a go myself. Thx.

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 05/30/2014 6:37 am

This woman I know in NYC was telling me she had a vi Peel done and it got rid of her skin issues. She claims she had "digs" and that the peel smoothed everything out. She has great skin, I would never believe she had skin problems! But I'm also skeptical. So would like to hear from someone here! I had a series of peels before I got married, and I could have sworn I remember significant improvement, but my skin is so crappy now I am doubting my recollection. And i have done so many (more aggressive) things over the past couple of yrs that have yielded minimal results, that it further makes me doubt my memory. I had some hormonal acne during my first pregnancy, but I doubt it did THIS.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 05/30/2014 9:12 am

like a dummy i never used a heavy sunscreen b4 ...but this time i have been using it all day and my skin is really healing well i'm about 3 weeks out ...anyway i get a 25% tca from skin obcessions its only around 25$ i think ....i had badly sun damaged cystic acne ruined horrible skin nothing to lose ...if your skin isn't that bad be careful ...this isn't really an easy thing to do also ...i clean my skin with alcohol ...put aquafor in my nose and on lips ...get some good goggles to wear i use nike swimmers ...get a cold air blow dryer ...i get a big bowl of ice water also bc sometimes the pain is bad ...anyway i apply the first coat with a cottom ball wiping down my skin wear gloves and try to squeeze out exess acid back into the small cup you poor it in ...wipe down your forehead cheeks chin everywhere u want to peel and get ready to hurt ....it should turn white burn like hill and frost in 3-4 mins ... u can use the cool air to help cool it down ...and if really bad spash water on ...ok u can apply it 2 or 3 times if u want my last one i did 4 full coats and a touch up cutip in the real bad areas for a 5th ....have someone assist you because this isn't' easy and u can't get the stuff in your eyes u will be blind ....and make sure u clean ur face well with alcohol before u start ....u can pm me for any more help if you need it ...also i use aquafor all the time on my face after the peel and mine allways peels in 72 hours

also i still have huge craters but the peels have removed alot of sun damaged skin and smoothened it out alot but ...with every peel it looks better

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 05/30/2014 9:32 am

Oh! So you are doing this yourself? I"ve done some mild Lactic acid peels myself. Nothing heavy duty like what you are doing. Have all of your peels been at the same percentage? I had glycolic peels before I got married. Even those didn't peel much though. Just really red for a day or two. There is something counterintuitive to me about taking the top layers off, when you are trying to get rid of pits

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 05/30/2014 1:41 pm

i'll post some pics later of the transformation i got weed eatin to do lol