Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks On Pitted Scars?

MemberMember
(@willdono)

Posted : 05/20/2014 5:20 am

Ok, so I'm 15 and in the middle of the regimen having decent results. I don't mind having ice picks, as they only look like large pores, but the shallow boxcars and rolling are beginning to annoy me.

On these shallow pitted scars there are dark pinkish red marks. Do these go away?

My skin would look way better without the red marks on the depressions...

MemberMember
(@senoritastephie)

Posted : 05/20/2014 3:47 pm

They'll (red marks) go away with time, but you could look into some kind of exfoliation (chemical or physical) to help speed the process. With all my scars, they had red marks along with the actual scar. The hyperpigmentation eventually faded. Some within years others within months. And yes, I'm with you. Ice pick scars are easier for me to handle, but I have some boxcar and rolling scars and they bother me way more because of the reason you mentioned.

MemberMember
(@willdono)

Posted : 05/21/2014 4:55 am

They'll (red marks) go away with time, but you could look into some kind of exfoliation (chemical or physical) to help speed the process. With all my scars, they had red marks along with the actual scar. The hyperpigmentation eventually faded. Some within years others within months. And yes, I'm with you. Ice pick scars are easier for me to handle, but I have some boxcar and rolling scars and they bother me way more because of the reason you mentioned.

That's good because the rolling and boxcar I have are very shallow, in fact, in low lighting people could easily mistake most of them for hyperpigmentation. I understand glycolic acid doesn't help deep pitted scars, but for people with superficial scars, would it have any effects on skin texture...