Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Scars/red Marks Never Fade

MemberMember
(@mymask)

Posted : 05/24/2014 2:51 am

I feel like I've had the same marks for years. They only seem to not fade on my cheeks. I don't know if its my skin tone or what. I've tried so many products and nothing works. I'm so tired of having to pile on a ton of makeup before I go outside, afraid to sleep over at people's houses because my makeup will rub off overnight, not being able to go swimming. I'm referred to at work as the girl who wears a ton of makeup. I wish I could go without it. But it's been a issue for me since I was a teenager. I have 0 confidence. Does anything work? If anyone had similar scarring and went to a dermatologist, what did they do? Did it work? I'm losing hope.

I attached some pictures...

post-398933-0-85577500-1400917763.jpg

post-398933-0-99989000-1400917799.jpg

The scarring appears to be a mixture of red marks and grayish/brown marks. They also seem to be on the very surface of my skin. But one they appear, the never seem to fade.

MemberMember
(@kristineh)

Posted : 11/21/2014 9:54 pm

Is very a very very similar problem as you! I hate wearing make up everyday :( I have yet to find a cure for fading the marks...

MemberMember
(@kristeng)

Posted : 11/22/2014 2:07 am

I'm going thru the same thing. Mine are so much worse, it's seems as if they just will never go away. I've lost all confidence also. It sucks having to pile up a bunch of makeup everyday..

MemberMember
(@iggs)

Posted : 11/24/2014 11:52 am

Sorry to hear that you're feeling down about your marks, honestly, even though the lighting is poor, they don't take away from your natural beauty. I've had great success with the acne.org AHA, I can really see a difference in the pigmentation of my red marks, turning back to a more skin color rather than the bright red. I think that reducing the redness would also improve your overall complexion as the redness is the most attention grabbing in my opinion. I've also heard lemon juice works to help lighten the PIH/red marks. Just remember to used sun screen to avoid any more darkening/reddening. Hope this helps, keep your head up, you're a very pretty girl and these marks should fade some with time.

MemberMember
(@morganhargreaves12)

Posted : 11/24/2014 12:08 pm

I have the same issue. I have dealt with acne for 7 years along with redness, scarring & everything else that comes with it. The PIH should fade on its own, mine has improved slightly over time. Also use an SPF 15 EVERY day. I've found that coconut oil has calmed my skin and helped improve its appearance, along with products that contain glycolic acid. But honestly your red marks aren't all that bad in my opinion. Don't wear so much make up, and remember no one is perfect. Acne/Scars aren't something you can help. And besides, you're very pretty regardless of the condition of your skin!