Notifications
Clear all

Road To Clear Skin

MemberMember
(@asa)

Posted : 05/12/2014 12:32 pm

Firstly I'd like to say I know how heart-breaking and confidence shattering can acne be. I suffered from adult acne for the past four years and trust me my confidence went from its peak to almost zero. I was always very sensitive about my skin and had flawless skin. I was the sort who wouldn't use any makeup whatsoever because I didn't want to ruin my skin. But I guess acne was destined to happen so it did.

Anyways long story short, I eventually had to take isotretinoin to get rid of acne as it was leaving a lot of marks on my face. However, even after the course I would get tiny red bumps over my face. Nothing would suit me be it herbal remedies / meds or antibiotics. Anything from eating to applying on my face would trigger acne for me. For the past 4 years, my red marks had not faded at all despite my peeling and derma-rolling sessions. However, very recently I came across this herb called 'Sana makki' (senna leaves) which basically acts like a laxative. It not only has helped my skin look better but over the stretch of hardly a month my red acne marks have faded a lot so much so that people around me now tell me that my face has really cleared up. I blend the senna leaves with cumin seeds and take a teaspoon mixed in a cup of water every night before I hit the bed. It upsets the stomach a little and one may feel dehydrated but then I bear it because it has helped my skin a lot and I can see an improvement with each passing day. Thought I would share it with you all. Who would've thought something as inexpensive as this would work after having spent thousands on all sorts of medicines, proactive kit, benzac, selenium tabs etc.