Notifications
Clear all

My Plan For Being Acne Scar Free

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 05/11/2014 1:31 am

Okay so I have been doing about a years worth of research and it is about time to give a serious effort on working on scarring left over by my acne. I do not have but a few scars of which I feel can be improved with dedication and patience all while working diligently. I am choosing to go with dermastamp and dermaroller for the type of scarring that a have, mostly boxcars. But first my goal is to completely detox my body and start a anti-candida diet as I think candida is wreaking havoc all over my body and directly contributing to my seborrehic dermatitis and acne woes. Once I feel that my body is adequately running and getting the whole spectrum of nutrients to repair micro needling injuries optimally it should be time to start rolling. I have chosen t start with a 1.5 mm roller and stamp as that is what my research has shown to be the best for starting on acne scars amongst ther things. I'm not sure what topicals I will be using yet but my list include terproline, copper peptides, vitamin c serum etc. Another one I am interested in is Platelet rich plasma. I could easily make my own with a centrifuge, cutting out the "doctor" that would have make it. Also, I am looking into buying some LEDs to further enhance any results. I will be eating a VERY clean diet for the next couple of years to give by body the necessary vitamins and minerals to repair my skin quicker than someone on the standard American diet. So dark greens, beans, red fruits, omega acids, flaxseed, turkey, chocolate, rose hips, avocados, an white tea are all foods/herbs that help to restore/maintain collagen and elastin. Any input from longtime micro needling members would be greatly appreciated, anything I should add or take away from this plan of action? This post is serving as kind of a log for me where I can track progress and hopefully help others that might want too try the same things if I start too get some results in the future. I do plan on seeing results :)

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/11/2014 2:00 am

How do you know how to make PRP?

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 05/11/2014 2:53 am

Well, i was browsing through old posts and I cam across a user named liquid ocelot who was talking about doing the same thing, out of every person working on scarring this person seemed to be on top of things way more than the average Joe. So i looked up how they did it and it seemed pretty hard to due without all the equipment to filter and congratulate(?) the blood. I then came across these two videos on you tube. This one is a more professional way to do it:

and then once i saw this video, I figured that i could replicate the PRP he gets and all that would be required is a nice quality centrifuge which i found on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Scientific-XC-2OOO-Centrifuge-timer-control/dp/B0018EPPPC/

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/11/2014 6:35 am

I think you mean coagulate.

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 05/11/2014 5:19 pm

Sounds like you got a pretty good plan. I'm doing something similar minus the PRP. Just finished my 5th dermastamping session with my brand new 2.0 on Friday and have been using the red/infrared Led light. My Terproline hasn't arrived yet :( so I'll be adding that into the post care mix for my 6th session, can't wait! Anyways, Good luck and keep us updated!

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 05/11/2014 10:27 pm

Yeah the PRP will only be possible if I can obtain a few other materials so while I will not be using PRP initially, my plan is to work my way up into producing some down the road for the second half of my 2 year micro-needling plan. Have you seen any results yet, i now it could still be early to tell but I thought i go ahead and ask anyway. Were you using any topicals on the previous rolls? I will keep this log up to date for the most part, right now I am focusing on bringing my body back to optimal efficiency before i start micro-injuring my face as to have that extra rebuilding power coming from a properly nutrient dense body.

MemberMember
(@pineapplexpress)

Posted : 05/12/2014 8:36 pm

My scars have improved and my overall skin texture is much smoother and softer. Even my mum has independently commented on how much my skin has improved over the past few months. However, I feel my mind plays tricks on me into thinking they haven't. I need to start taking pictures of my skin to better decipher results. There was a time where I just stopped examining my skin on a daily basis and results were much easier to gauge when I finally did examine it a week or so later. Maybe I should return to that because looking for results daily is becoming a dissapointment especially, since collagen takes weeks to build up. I like your plan on getting your body all revved up for healing :) and that you are not rushing into it. Nice to see you have patience because you def need that for needling since it can be a slow process waiting for the collagen to build.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 05/12/2014 10:41 pm

Taking pictures of my progress is something that I feel is important. like you said I don't feel that I would notice results on a day to day basis as nice as that would be. I'm not a fan of taking pictures of my scars but hopefully in the end it will be worth it and I will be able to show my results all with the same angles and lighting conditions, those type of progression photos are a rare find on this site and most of them are from years ago. I am also going to start my cardiovascular regime again to increases the overall continuous blood flow through my body and back into the repairing of the needling injuries. I just feel that if i'm going to go through this for the next couple years I must have my body and mind in peak condition to heal the most efficiently.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 06/19/2014 9:51 pm

Just an update on my log entry guys. So I have been sugar, gluten, dairy, grain, processed food, and preservative free for about 4 weeks now. My diet consists of grass fed lean meats, eggs, all vegetables besides the starchy variety, small amounts of quinoa, almonds, olives, dark leafy greens and so forth. I suspect my acne and candida are related to pathogenic organisms in my gut causing a systematic immune reaction manifesting in my skin conditions. My seborrehic dermatitis is about 98% in remission, I will not say cured because if I would go back to the standard American diet, the symptoms would closely follow. The acne is about 80% gone but only because most of my spots tend to be located around the SD spots, so as the SD decreases I think the acne will as well. People need to look into the REAL ROOT causes of these skin conditions we are battling. I am drinking dandelion root tea and taking milk thistle to help detox my liver and drinking some aloe Vera juice twice daily to soothe my gut and help the repairing process, l-glutamine also helps just have not gotten any at the present. Starting to juice more and more without any fruits, usually just cucumbers, celery, lemon, ginger, aloe juice and cayenne in large quart sized amounts. Using coconut oil, garlic, onions and probiotics to fight off any candida that is flourishing as well as organic live enzyme sauerkraut for a full spectrum dose of many different strains of beneficial bacteria daily. Feeling good and my skin is not as oily anymore, my body acne seems to have disappear, I have not broke out on my chest, shoulders, legs, or groin in quite some time. Any spot I do get is small and quick to disappear, I have not gotten anything cystic either which helps with the prevention of scaring! Using all natural soap, toothpaste and drinking a ton of water everyday which keeps me hydrated, detoxing, and more energetic. I went from 169 lbs to 157lbs today which feels good. My body was just dirty and toxic from 20 years of bad food choices, alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, environmental pollution where I live, and stress. Now this isn't the cure for everyone and I am not pushing the whole diet to cure acne speech but it seems to be working for me right now. I have not been on in awhile and see that there hasn't been that much traffic on the forums lately, what's up with that? I have some pictures here to show some of my cystic spots that would be on my body

I am also taking a prescription RX vitamin d supplement that is 50,000 iu twice per week for eight weeks because my vitamin d was in the low 20's, only because I was trying to avoid sunlight for some facial scarring leading to the defecincy. Speaking of, I use a spray 50 SPF sunscreen, the skins that isn't greasy or gel or cream, it dries fast and prevents any uv rays from contacting any scarring or hyper pigmentation.

I still plan to work on the scarring and I talked about how I wanted to approach that in my first log entry here. I still feel that I am going to take that route starting here in the next three to four months and will update on any progress and new supplements.