Notifications
Clear all

Little Bumps On Face : Help : !

MemberMember
(@mikejim)

Posted : 05/01/2014 11:11 am

Hey everyone, I am mike

I was taking accutane for a long period of time and stopped almost two months ago. Now Although I don't

have Those red and painful pimple anymore, but there are a lot of these bumps on my face that are flesh

coloured on They just won't go away. In the picture my face looks a bit oily, I think it's because I put

moisturiser.

My skin care routine is: In the morning, I use Cetaphil gentle face wash - then I put moisturiser and a

sunscreen. At night, I wash my face with Cetaphil again and just the moisturiser. I really don't know what

these bumps are. Definitely not whiteheads, blackheads and definitely not the regular acne.

Please help if anyone has any idea what these bumps might be, I have a lot of them on my cheeks and forehead,

Thank you so much for help !

Mike

post-393886-0-63338700-1398960694.jpg

post-393886-0-63338700-1398960694.jpg

MemberMember
(@kfgn)

Posted : 05/08/2014 11:26 am

I have the same problem on my forehead, any suggestions??

MemberMember
(@lolakat33)

Posted : 05/12/2014 11:09 am

I also have bumps similar to yours on my forehead. I'm beginning to think my problem is fungal. I was on an antibiotic for strep years ago and after my med cycle I started getting this! Have you considered KP aka chicken skin? Can you squeeze anything out of the bumps and if so do they go away or remain unchanged?

MemberMember
(@mikejim)

Posted : 05/13/2014 11:47 am

Thanks for your response

They cannot be squeezed, I think it's because they are not like the regular pimples that are inflamed. I have tried everything from creams, exfoliation ..l nothing works. They are just bumps stuck on the surface of my face. It's really strange and annoying.

However, they look even worse after I put the moisturizer and sunscreen on. But I Have to use those because my skin is so irritated and fragile because of the accutane treatment.

Have had any luck with them ?

I would appreciate any suggestions , thanks a lot

Mike

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 05/13/2014 3:12 pm

Closed comedones?

you need to exfoliate, preferably with a chemical exfoliator like glycolic acid facewash (SK:N do one)

and also moisturise as it helps to loosen them up and hydrate the skin. Also massage it in.

They can be quite stubborn, so keep with it.

they dont look bad and certainly dont throb like cysts, so stay positive. Your skin looks great though.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/13/2014 3:27 pm

I agree that your skin looks really good! Anything that exfoliates or increases cell turnover would help. The AHA (glycolic acid) that they sell as part of the Regimen might work well. I don't think you should use manual exfoliates (scrubs) because they may be too harsh and irritate your skin further so go for a chemical exfoliant like the glycolic acid or even a salicylic cream.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@mikejim)

Posted : 05/13/2014 4:26 pm

I appreciate all of your responses !

so I guess I should exfoliate more frequently. I am a little bit new to all of this, can anyone suggest any brand in partiuclar and when to use it ?

also, how about facial masks or using steam to deep clean the pores ?

again, thank you so much for your help

MemberMember
(@strawberrylacesxo)

Posted : 05/14/2014 10:51 am

I have this problem!! I started getting them straight after I stopped washing my face with shampoo twice a day and only washed my face once a day with a make-up wipe (don't ask). I'm thinking it's clogged pores, so I'm back on the shampoo cleansing and I'm going to start using Quinoderm 10% benyzol peroxide cream as well as exfoliating.

MemberMember
(@stella28)

Posted : 05/14/2014 2:26 pm

Be happy Mike&Kfgn. As long as it is only red pimples, that s not a big problem. But when they start growing bigger than your forehead or it comes to full blown allergic shock reaction, resp. something that starts surpressing your breathing, that's the point you shouldn t miss visit doctor or even hospital immediately.

So don t worry, basically you're both ok, especially if compared to lots of others here who have a real ****load of outright dermatitis experiences to tell.

Best regards

Clara

MemberMember
(@legallybrunette)

Posted : 05/14/2014 8:33 pm

I also have bumps similar to yours on my forehead. I'm beginning to think my problem is fungal. I was on an antibiotic for strep years ago and after my med cycle I started getting this! Have you considered KP aka chicken skin? Can you squeeze anything out of the bumps and if so do they go away or remain unchanged?

i have the same problem