Notifications
Clear all

Swimming With Acne

MemberMember
(@mare98)

Posted : 04/26/2014 5:25 pm

Hey everyone! If you are taking the time to read this, then thank you! For about a year and a half I have been struggling with acne. It has not gone away no matter what I try. No drugstore products works for me. Anyways I know this summer I am going to be going to the pool to be swimming. Just thinking about this makes me worried because I have a lot of pimples and scarring. I know by this summer (hopefully) my acne will be better but I'm not positive how much better. Anyways does anyone know a good waterproof concealer? The price range doesn't really bother me, as long as it works! It can be high end or drugstore. It doesn't really matter! Thank you to anyone who can help.

MemberMember
(@mrska)

Posted : 04/29/2014 6:15 am

I use revlon color stay. It's a foundation that can be found at most drugstores. We have our own private pool but I'm still to embarrassed to go outside without covering my face with makeup. I have a lot of fresh red scars. Anyways this has always worked for me. It stays put during swim time. I'm sure there might be better foundations or concealers out there but this is what I use and it works for me. I use the combo/oily one. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 04/30/2014 6:26 pm

i second revlon colorstay! it doesnt specifically say waterproof on the jar but it stays on great in the water. i do synchronized swimming and my teams used it for performances :)

just letting you know it doesnt have an spf, or at least mine doesnt, so i usually like to put a bb cream with spf as a primer under it

MemberMember
(@ser3nity)

Posted : 05/06/2014 7:14 pm

I have a friend who also swears by ColorStay for her pool-related needs. I've personally never used it, but if these ladies are saying it's good, it's probably worth giving it a try!

I'm not sure what your price range is, but I use Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation as both foundation AND concealer, and it has more staying power than anything I've personally tried. If you go on their website it has a lot of low, angry reviews, but this is due to the fact they decided to do some color overhauls and not because of the product itself. Just thought I'd give you another option aside from the ColorStay!

Good luck finding something that meets your needs

MemberMember
(@mare98)

Posted : 05/24/2014 12:27 pm

I use revlon color stay. It's a foundation that can be found at most drugstores. We have our own private pool but I'm still to embarrassed to go outside without covering my face with makeup. I have a lot of fresh red scars. Anyways this has always worked for me. It stays put during swim time. I'm sure there might be better foundations or concealers out there but this is what I use and it works for me. I use the combo/oily one. Good luck.

Thank you for your help! I will go to Walmart to see if I can find it!

i second revlon colorstay! it doesnt specifically say waterproof on the jar but it stays on great in the water. i do synchronized swimming and my teams used it for performances 🙂

just letting you know it doesnt have an spf, or at least mine doesnt, so i usually like to put a bb cream with spf as a primer under it

Thank you for your help! I have a question though. Would just putting on sunscreen then the Colorstay be okay? Or should I put a primer on as well? I wear a primer everyday, but should I when I go swimming? Will this give it extra staying power?

I have a friend who also swears by ColorStay for her pool-related needs. I've personally never used it, but if these ladies are saying it's good, it's probably worth giving it a try!

I'm not sure what your price range is, but I use Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation as both foundation AND concealer, and it has more staying power than anything I've personally tried. If you go on their website it has a lot of low, angry reviews, but this is due to the fact they decided to do some color overhauls and not because of the product itself. Just thought I'd give you another option aside from the ColorStay!

Good luck finding something that meets your needs proud.gif

Thank you! Could I come into Belks and ask them for a sample of this foundation? Or do I need to buy it? I would like to try it out before purchasing it.

Thank you for your help! I will go to Walmart to see if I can find it!

i second revlon colorstay! it doesnt specifically say waterproof on the jar but it stays on great in the water. i do synchronized swimming and my teams used it for performances 🙂

Thank you for your help! I have a question though. Would just putting on sunscreen then the Colorstay be okay? Or should I put a primer on as well? I wear a primer everyday, but should I when I go swimming? Will this give it extra staying power?

Good luck finding something that meets your needs proud.gif

Thank you! Could I go into Belks and ask them for a sample of this foundation? Or do I need to buy it? I would like to try it out before purchasing it.