Notifications
Clear all

Acne Dark Marks On The Upper Lup

MemberMember
(@andrewb2222)

Posted : 04/19/2014 7:28 pm

HI guys im new here. I have mild to moderate acne and i thought this place could really help me cure my acne. What really makes me depressed about my skin are the acne dark marks left behind by acne. When i was younger i didnt know picking at my zits would mark my skin. so i popped zits on my upper lip and finally stopped after i realized they were making a disgusting looking mustache. Ever since then i looked all over the interenet to find a cheap cure for the dark marks. I now of been puttin a freshly squeezed lemon juice on the upper lip for a week and havent seen much improvement. i will continue to use the lemon for a month and see where is gets me. my question is: do you guys know of any good creams or tricks to get the digusting dark marks to go away? Thank you for taking the time to read this. :)

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/20/2014 6:19 pm

HI guys im new here. I have mild to moderate acne and i thought this place could really help me cure my acne. What really makes me depressed about my skin are the acne dark marks left behind by acne. When i was younger i didnt know picking at my zits would mark my skin. so i popped zits on my upper lip and finally stopped after i realized they were making a disgusting looking mustache. Ever since then i looked all over the interenet to find a cheap cure for the dark marks. I now of been puttin a freshly squeezed lemon juice on the upper lip for a week and havent seen much improvement. i will continue to use the lemon for a month and see where is gets me. my question is: do you guys know of any good creams or tricks to get the digusting dark marks to go away? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

If you could provide some good pictures it would help us help you. Firstly how long has it been since you had the acne there? Also Is it just the pigmentation that has changed are are they depressed somewhat.

MemberMember
(@andrewb2222)

Posted : 04/21/2014 6:25 pm

The last time i had a major flare up in that area was like 6 months ago. i still get the occasisional zit in the area which of course leaves a dark mark but no they arent depressed. and about the pictures i dont know how to post them so if you know how could you tell me

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/22/2014 4:12 am

The last time i had a major flare up in that area was like 6 months ago. i still get the occasisional zit in the area which of course leaves a dark mark but no they arent depressed. and about the pictures i dont know how to post them so if you know how could you tell me

If the majority of the marks are from 6 months ago, they probably will improve greatly still in the coming year. However if you're saying that these dark marks are mostly from very old acne (a few years or more ago?) then you might have some permanent pigmentation change. The good news is that it's easier to fix dark marks than depressed scars.

As for attaching the picture. If you go to ''more reply options'' under the reply box at the bottom of this page, there should be an option there to attach a file. Try to get a good clear picture that's in focus if you can 🙂 .

MemberMember
(@andrewb2222)

Posted : 04/26/2014 7:19 pm

If the majority of the marks are from 6 months ago, they probably will improve greatly still in the coming year. However if you're saying that these dark marks are mostly from very old acne (a few years or more ago?) then you might have some permanent pigmentation change. The good news is that it's easier to fix dark marks than depressed scars.

As for attaching the picture. If you go to ''more reply options'' under the reply box at the bottom of this page, there should be an option there to attach a file. Try to get a good clear picture that's in focus if you can .

here are some pics. As you can see there is acne there that will undoubtedly turn into dark marks/scars despite that i dont pick at them anymore.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 04/27/2014 2:52 am

dont know if this will help, but im here for a scar up on my upper lip as well. its a VERY tough area to treat. if u want u can look through my thread maybe it can help..