Notifications
Clear all

Tca Cross Long Term Efficacy

MemberMember
(@bioneedle)

Posted : 04/14/2014 3:17 pm

I will be getting TCA Cross done sometime soon, and I am wondering if anyone who has gotten it done can comment on the long term efficacy of the procedure.

Ideally, I would love to hear from those who had it around a year or more ago. For those of you, are the results diminished compared to what they initially were? If so, what would you attribute this too? Have you had any other maintenance treatments?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/14/2014 3:36 pm

I can't comment on the long term efficacy, as I've only done it once. What I want to tell you though, is unless you have lots of downtime set aside or have only a few ice picks, do not do every single scar on your face. It will look horrible immediate post op. I have a pretty significant amount of ice pick scars, so the doctor pretty much hit all of them in one session. My sister described my post op face as me having gotten into a fight with a cheese grater and lost.... All of them will look redder, deeper, and wider. I would recommended doing a few scars at a time or in sections, as the recovery will be less traumatic. If you only have a few scars, then this is not an issue.

MemberMember
(@bioneedle)

Posted : 04/14/2014 3:59 pm

Do you have any before or after pictures?

Also, how long did it take for the redness to subside, atleast to the point that you'd consider yourself presentable?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/14/2014 6:13 pm

Also, how long did it take for the redness to subside, atleast to the point that you'd consider yourself presentable?

4-6 months

MemberMember
(@bioneedle)

Posted : 04/14/2014 6:20 pm

4-6 months

Good to know, would you say your scars have started to show less improvement over time?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/14/2014 9:06 pm

4-6 months

Good to know, would you say your scars have started to show less improvement over time?

10 more days and it will be 2months for me so far and the results are good im hoping 3rd month will be even better

make sure to tell them not to let the tca touch the outside of the scar and pinpoint the scar thats what my clinic did

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 04/14/2014 11:36 pm

Do a weaker solution first if you are scared of downtime/hyperpigmentation. I have read that many doctors use 70% because 100% is simply too risky.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/15/2014 1:48 pm

mines used 80%