Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had acne since I was about 13. I have times of clearer skin and times of really bad outbreaks. I have tried everything, Everything! I won't begin to name all of them but after years and years you just have to trust me. Before I posted this I decided to wait three months to make sure what I thought was working was really actually working.

I decided to try my own "remedy" and it is working. It is a mixture of Witch Hazel and Tea Tree Oil. I use about 1/4 cup of Witch Hazel with 20 drops of Tea Tree Oil in a bottle. First, I just wash my face with water and a clean washcloth. I then shake the bottle so the oil mixes in and then use a cotton pad and rub it all over my face. I leave it on and do not wash it off. I do this twice a day.

Let me say that I am still getting acne but it is not as severe and when I do it heals way faster. The drawback is the smell but it dissipates quickly.

I encourage everyone to give this a try even if it is in addition to what you are doing now. It is an inexpensive so that is a bonus.

Good luck!

Edited by witchhazel