Notifications
Clear all

Help..question With Cortisone Shot

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 04/07/2014 8:36 am

Yesterday I got a cortisone shot for a small cyst in my chin...I had got it injected about a week and a half ago as well and it only went down a little. Yesterday I went back and did it again and this morning there is a round circle that seems fluidish...not sure if its the cortisone or it still needs time to go down. I also noticed this woman injected a lot more stuff then the other dermatologist a week and a half ago..has anyone had a circle around the area where they got an injection? its kind of got me paranoid....

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/07/2014 8:43 am

faceplam written all over

sorry why the heck did you get a cortisone shot for a small little cyst on your chin? you could have just let it be

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 04/07/2014 9:14 am

what is faceplam?

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 04/07/2014 10:02 am

ive always been told to massage the spot after the shot just by rubbing it so the cortisone gets dispersed evenly. Also, if the derm that did it this time around used more than they should have, that could cause some irritation.

Id massage the area, if you havent already, and over night, apply a little neosporin and cover w/ a bandaid.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/07/2014 10:35 am

i wouldnt worry too much about it. let it heal and see how it looks in a week or so.