Notifications
Clear all

Loryna (Yaz), Inositol, Aczone/Ziana Log

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 03/30/2014 10:17 pm

So ever since I accidentally forgot my pack of Yaz when I went on a trip 9 months ago, and then started a new pack 2 weeks late (mid-cycle) my skin has been going crazy. I went on and off BC several times since then and it's only gotten a lot worse. I went from totally clear to breaking out all month long, every other day or so. I decided to go on birth control once again, and this time I will stick with it. Today I'm starting my third pack of Yaz - this time a generic Yaz - Loryna, and I'm going to document everything in here. It is possible I might add Spiro to this log within a couple of months, since I'm considering going on it.

The situation right now is pretty bad. It's the first day of the new cycle, and I have 4 active breakouts, a few bumps that are no longer inflamed but are still lingering, and a ton of acne marks. Overall just during the 4 placebo pills I got 7 deep painful bumps on my face. My shoulders, however, are not as bad as last month (2 inflamed bumps and smaller than usual so far). Let's see what's next.

MemberMember
(@user143021)

Posted : 03/31/2014 12:04 pm

Good luck with it, I really hope it works again for you! (:

One question... have you considered skipping the placebo/sugar pills? It's fine to do this and it may help your hormones stay a little more consistent so that you don't get such a bad breakout next time. Just something to think about.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 03/31/2014 11:46 pm

Good luck with it, I really hope it works again for you! (:

One question... have you considered skipping the placebo/sugar pills? It's fine to do this and it may help your hormones stay a little more consistent so that you don't get such a bad breakout next time. Just something to think about.

Really? I didn't realize it was okay to do that unless as an additional emergency contraception when you skip a pill. I'll definitely think about. Thanks! One thing though, would you still get a period? If I don't i might just freak out im pregnant lol.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/02/2014 2:17 am

This is my third day of cycle and I have 1 medium size breakout which is on my temple area beyond my hairline. And I have a bigger sized deep cyst like inflammation above my nose on the area between my eyes. Both emerged today. This is not a good sign.

I have also just found a painful breakout on my jaw which probably emerged today or yesterday. I thought it was an old lingering one but nope. So 3 so far.

MemberMember
(@user143021)

Posted : 04/02/2014 12:31 pm

Really? I didn't realize it was okay to do that unless as an additional emergency contraception when you skip a pill. I'll definitely think about. Thanks! One thing though, would you still get a period? If I don't i might just freak out im pregnant lol.

Yeah, it's safe to do and I've even heard of some doctors recommending it for certain women. And it just depends on the person... some say it they do skip periods while others say they still bleed anyway. You could talk to your doctor or derm about it and see what they think. If you're consistent in remembering to take the pills then there is no need to worry about pregnancy. (: Again, just an idea... I'm not trying to push you into anything!

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/04/2014 1:15 pm

Day 6: I have a smaller sized old lingering bump that got inflamed again and turned into a whitehead. Also, I have a new bump on the other side of my chin that seems to be getting bigger, so there probably is a big one emerging. They often start that way.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/05/2014 8:55 pm

Day 7: the hard bump turned into a whitehead, which is better that a cyst ofc. also have 2 more bumps emerging, one on my chin and one on my temple near the eye. Both have been there for a while and seem to start to get inflamed now. Though not sure if they'll get big.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/06/2014 5:51 pm

Day 8: the bump on my temple is pretty big and there's a lot of redness and inflammation. The other 2 weren't as bad.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/09/2014 12:39 pm

Day 11: a hard white bump on the side of my chin is turning into a breakout

Update: turned into white head, gone within a day.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/13/2014 1:13 pm

I second extending your cycle on yaz - take 3-4 packs at a time (let your doctor know you're doing this) but getting 4 periods a year instead of 12 is generally really safe and can actually make your birth control more effective (most women get pregnant if they start the next pack late on accident). PLUS your hormones will be a lot steadier which is good for mood and acne.

You can order 25 packs of pregnancy tests off of amazon for super cheap if you're concerned about knowing if you're pregnant, I take one every other month just for my peace of mind. No need to bleed to know for sure!

Hopefully you see results soon- I know it can take 2-3 months but you never know!

thanks for advice! I think im gonna just give it some time for now and if its still doesn't improve ill consider making more change.

Day 15: a tiny bump on my jaw seems to be turning into something bigger, not sure but looking like a typical nodule so far.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/14/2014 1:02 pm

Day 16: I have a small bump on the left side of my chin, we'll see how it progresses.

I also seem to have this weird thing on my chin, i get those from time to time on my face, which is like a cyst but only slightly painful, pretty flat, some redness but not too noticeable, but the bump is hard and the size of a quarter. i don't know why i get these and why only on my chin, but they usually go away within a couple of days, though they do come along with normal breakouts. these things are kind of alarming, though they don't lead to scars or anything really.

Update: By tonight I have 1 medium sized nodule on the left side of my chin coming to head, a new painful bump on the same side, a slightly bigger one on the other side on the jaw, and a small pimple on the same side on the jaw. And that weird thing on my chin.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/15/2014 6:13 pm

Day 17: The small pimple on the right side on jaw turned into a painful deep large whitehead. Also i have another one starting on the same side. So now there's 3 big deep ones on the right, and 2 big ones on the left. 5 total. great...

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/16/2014 7:40 pm

I decided to attach pics of both sides of my chin. Shitty quality, looks much worse in person. but anyway. glorious isn't it.

post-156068-0-93229300-1397695242.jpg

post-156068-0-47556000-1397695250.jpg

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/17/2014 1:22 pm

Day 19: I had another nodule form on the left side yesterday, so there you go. 3 on one side, 3 on the other, and a weird one on my chin. 7 total.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/18/2014 2:48 am

Day 19... Another new pimple on my right side jaw. So 8. I'm starting to seriously wonder whether staying on birth control has been the worst decision of my life. I have been on it for 4 months and what do I have to show for it? Many more inflamed nodules and many many more hyperpigmentation and shallow scars.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/19/2014 10:11 pm

I have 2 more small but painful pimples on my left cheek, and noticed a big one on my shoulder. I don't think I had any deep cysts on my shoulder last month...

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/25/2014 5:11 pm

Day 27: I have a bump that looks like an emerging nodule on the left side of chin, jaw area. I had 9 clear days prior. We'll see how this goes.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/27/2014 2:19 pm

Day 1: yesterday the bump developed into a nodule, and another small pimple on left jawline became bigger and more inflamed and painful. So 2.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/28/2014 10:04 pm

Day 2: have another deep painful pimple developing on left side jaw. 3 now.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/30/2014 1:16 am

Day 3: have another bump starting up on same area. possibly 4 nodules now.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/30/2014 8:49 pm

Day 4: Still 3 nodules only. But developed a zit on right side of chin overnight. It's painful but small.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 05/01/2014 5:58 pm

Day 5: have another smaller nodule like bump on my lower left cheek. its deep but not too painful or too inflamed, but we'll see.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 05/02/2014 2:58 pm

Day 6: the bump on lower left cheek got inflamed and turned into a nodule. 4 total.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 05/08/2014 12:53 am

Day 11: Got a nodule on right jawline. This one actually got pretty big.

also noticed one on my butt. lol.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 05/10/2014 4:10 am

Day 13: got another nodule growing on the right side of chin. so 3. And i'm not even supposed to break out this week. so much for progress.