Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doberman992

Vitamin D Defiecency

I would like to ask If I am deficient of Vitamin D. I've done test few days ago, it was 24.5ng/ml. Can this level be culprit of acne? If yes, what level should I aim? Hope for fast replies :)))))))))))

You're great mate.

Vitamin d deficiency levels - under 12ng/ml

Normal levels - 20ng/ml to 50ng/mg

You have normal vitamin d levels, however you can get vitamin d supplements to enhance your complexion. It wont harm you for sure and might be good for acne but your vitamin d levels are not causing you acne.

On 3/31/2014 at 1:49 AM, Shelbyville said:

No, it's not. A normal person's vitamin d values are in between 20/50ng/ml. Isn't it correct?

Sorry but u are wrong ;D ..... [Removed] :)) but +50ng is recommended

Oh, so I'm not entirely wrong. That shows different standards and perspectives.

"The Endocrine Society recommends taking a vitamin D supplement of around 2,000 IU/day to reach and stay above a level of 30 ng/ml. This is what the Endocrine Society recommends as the ideal level to aim for. Lastly, the Food and Nutrition Board recommends 600 IU/day of vitamin D supplement because they believe 20 ng/ml is the ideal level to aim for."

Oh, so I'm not entirely wrong. That shows different standards and perspectives.

"The Endocrine Society recommends taking a vitamin D supplement of around 2,000 IU/day to reach and stay above a level of 30 ng/ml. This is what the Endocrine Society recommends as the ideal level to aim for. Lastly, the Food and Nutrition Board recommends 600 IU/day of vitamin D supplement because they believe 20 ng/ml is the ideal level to aim for."

u

Dont mind me but i have to say u that u are... You have to understand that they are wrong at all. Considering that maximal intake of vitamin D is 400mg for them, it would be non sense for them(The endocrine soc and the food and nut...) to be 50ng/ml normal. Vitamin D Council says that optimum daily intake is 5000IU which is normal. So objective looking, +50ng/ml would be optimum. and below 40ng/ml is deficiet. ;)

I getting confused here. This is stupid. Are you saying the endocrine soc and the food and nutrition board are jerks and don't know what they're saying?

I getting confused here. This is stupid. Are you saying the endocrine soc and the food and nutrition board are jerks and don't know what they're saying?

Exactly :)

Okay man, ahahah. You got it

But, may I ask why do you say that?

Lets just say that your VITAMIN D is cause for acne. If its cause of your acne, you would still have breakouts on level 25ng/ml... You will need about 50ng/ml to calm down acnes... I have read many theards from yesterday, and i conclude that :)