Notifications
Clear all

Can't Wash My Face Twice With Cleanser, Help?

MemberMember
(@flopus)

Posted : 03/26/2014 9:55 pm

I can't wash my face twice daily with a cleanser anymore because my skin would get really dry at first and then really oily in the middle of the day, is it ok to just wash my face only once a day with cleanser and the second time with just water to lessen the dryness? Or would my face be improving less this way?

And also, ever since I started the regimen, my skin has been way more oily and shiny in the middle of the day, does anyone know what's causing this? I'm also moisturizing everyday.

My cleanser: http://www.acne.org/cetaphil-oily-skin-cleanser-reviews-1452/

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/27/2014 9:32 am

Try a different cleanser. Cetaphil Oily Skin cleanser irritated my skin a lot, and I have pretty tough skin!

Ideally you want to apply the bp and moisturizer to skin that has been cleansed, so that there is no residue.

MemberMember
(@victoria93)

Posted : 03/31/2014 7:31 pm

I would say to try a different cleanser.

"Oily Skin" Cleansers can be a bit harsher or stronger, directly targeting sebum production, and stripping your face of that extra oil.

I would switch to something more gentle. My first choice would be acne.org's gentle foaming cleanser, but even the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is quite good.. It doesn't foam, it's just a very, very gentle gel cleanser.

And how long are you cleansing your face for? Remember to only cleanse for 10 seconds as the regimen states, not longer. If you are cleansing for longer, this might also contribute to why your skin is feeling extra dry.

Also, I believe the reason your face is becoming oily towards the middle of the day, is because your skin is trying to reproduce the sebum/oil lost from cleansing in the morning. When I used to use a harsh cleanser, my face would get oily towards the middle of the day as well. But since I started using acne.org's gentle cleanser, that's no longer the case. This is why it's important to use a very gentle cleanser which will simply wash your face and prepare it for the application of the treatment, not strip it of all its natural oils.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@rametteperegrine)

Posted : 04/05/2014 10:23 am

I use Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash because it is super gentle and does not dry me out. Also, it is very inexpensive

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/06/2014 5:52 am

Cetaphil's oily cleanser worked pretty well for me, but it seems like your skin is more sentive than mine. Try using their Gentle cleanser instead. It is very mild and it doesn't feel like it strips your skin dry.