Do Most People Rela...

Notifications
Clear all

Do Most People Relapse After Stopping Benzoyl Peroxide?

MemberMember
(@adam4567)

Posted : 03/26/2014 5:19 pm

I keep on reading review after review and it seems that so many users of benzoyl peroxide stop after 3-4 months with good results and then suddenly breakout a lot again.

I understand the treatment should be continued onwards, but do people also stop using it WITHOUT breakout again and going through more and more treatments?? Or am I destined to break out again when I stop using it?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/26/2014 7:27 pm

In order for benzoyl peroxide to work you have to keep using it. If you stop using bezoyl peroxide your acne will come back.

MemberMember
(@ttomp13)

Posted : 03/27/2014 3:06 pm

Hey man,

I am a huge benzoyl peroxide activist. I love it! It's the only thing that has kept my skin consistently clear. That said, if you stop using it, you will break back out again, unless...

1. You've cured your acne condition from within.

2. You've outgrown your acne condition.

In my case, I did an experiment called Acne on Purpose where I stopped using benzoyl peroxide for 2 months, and although my acne wasn't as bad as it was back in high school, it definitely came back, and I definitely saw that had I done the experiment long enough, my acne would have come back with full force.

Long story short, BP is not a cure, but a treatment, and it's continued use is required until you either cure your acne from within, or outgrow it altogether.

I keep on reading review after review and it seems that so many users of benzoyl peroxide stop after 3-4 months with good results and then suddenly breakout a lot again.

I understand the treatment should be continued onwards, but do people also stop using it WITHOUT breakout again and going through more and more treatments?? Or am I destined to break out again when I stop using it?