Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Water, Shea Butter, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamide MEA, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Arginine, Citric Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium PCA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA.

Best Skin Cleanser
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

This is one of the BEST skin cleaner ever. For the past few years, I've been getting large whiteheads and blackheads, but after using this product for the past week and a half, my whole face cleared up. It leaves you with a clean feeling and it doesn't make your skin very dry like some products. I use it twice a day and as for my moisturizer, I use this Asian brand called Aquemoist 2 in 1 moisture lotion. It has a water like consistency and it's not greasy at all and definitely makes my skins plump and smooth. I also have some acne scars from the past and so I use clindoxyl gel 5% at night after applying the moisture lotion. Combined, these two products has made my face squeaky clean and refreshed

Horrible
Reviewed on March 6, 2014

This product made me breakout in HUGE, PAINFUL clusters of cysts and nodules all over my chin, temples and cheekbones. I thought that it was just my hormones being out of whack. I should have known it was this cleanser. My skin would burn terribly and be bright red after I used it, yet i persisted for about 2 months. When I finally discontinued it, my skin calmed down immediately… and took weeks for my breakouts to heal, leaving my skin scarred horribly due to how large the spots were.

Reviewed on April 15, 2013

I started using this cleanser, as well as Spectro 5% benzoyl peroxide cream (might be better to go with 2.5%, but the 5% worked for me), followed by the Cetaphil moisturizer for normal skin while following The Regimen. WOW, I saw fantastic results in about 3 days. One week in, and my moderate acne is all cleared up! I also change my pillowcases every night. As for the moisturizer, be sure not to use in excess or you'll wake up with a greasy face. Rub it in as softly as you can and it works great

Reviewed on March 30, 2013

I love Cetaphil! I was not left disappointed. This product works for me and I use it as my cleanser in my regimen routine.

Reviewed on July 28, 2012

LOVE this product!!!!!

it's very basic and simple but it does the most AMAZING stuff to my face

it was super duper hard to come up with cons!

Reviewed on May 18, 2012

I was reccomended this product by my dermatologist for a gentle acne treatment.I never had oily skin but this cleanser is formulated to treat acne while the other cetaphil cleanser is not.It cleared my skin tremendously and I loved it for many weeks.Then..........I noticed a huge increase in the oil of my face. Everyday I would wake him to find a layer of oil.I stopped using it before my acne could appear again and switched to the cetaphil gentle cleanser.It works just as good and is better for my normal /acne-prone skin.Thank you cetaphil!

Reviewed on August 31, 2011

A great basic cleanser for oily combination skin prone to acne. I would definitely say it's a beauty staple. It has slowly helped clear up my acne a bit. It does not work overnight but if used twice a day for a while you'll start to see a difference.

Reviewed on August 22, 2011

After a month of using this product i realized it was making my skin worse because in the morning i would wake up and find my face was really oily, which of course made me have a few pimples.I also realized that the makers of cetaphil say it is gentle and doesn't dry out the skin but yet it contains such harsh ingrediants.Since i am young i want a cleanser that is really gentle but actually cleans the face so i switched to spectro jel and it really worked for me and i haven't had a simple pimple in 2 months.

Reviewed on July 11, 2011

I have had severe acne for 7 years and finally found something that works for me. I've been using "Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser for sensitive skin" with "Jamison Vitamin A" cream for moisturizer for two weeks. I was amazed how quick my acne started to vanish in just 2 weeks. I have very sensitive oily skin and have been trying disparately to find a product that works for me. After paying hundreds of dollars on pro-active, different soaps, Aveeno acne cleansers, nuetrogena, Olay and even tried indoor tanning nothing worked.

If you have oily sensitive skin with moderately severe acne I recommend trying this product. This product will dry out your skin so it is important to buy the vitamin A cream to provide moisture to your skin after each use. Do not over wash your face either. I wash my face 3 times a day and apply my vitamin A cream for skin repair right after. Over using any product will just make it worse.

If you've had years of stubborn acne I recommend this product highly!!!

Reviewed on April 11, 2011

This is a bit expensive (not a whole lot) when compared to other drugstore brands, but worth it! You can buy the larger size (16 Oz. vs the 8 Oz.) for a better deal.

My dermat recommended this over any other (and more expensive) brands and this really works.

This is the cleaner for "acne skin", since the "Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser" is designed for "dry skin", therefore feels more like a cream than a cleanser. So use this one. You can test it by smelling the two bottles, this one has a slightly refreshing smell, the Gentle cleaner is fragrance-free.