Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser reviews

3.8/5 - 13 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser

Water, Shea Butter, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamide MEA, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Arginine, Citric Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium PCA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA.

Mark product as reinstated

Not too bad
Reviewed on May 9, 2015

As I said in my other review, I was never good with Cetaphil products. This cleanser is "okay", but doesn't prove better than the standard Gentle alternative.

Contains fair bit of fragrance like the others, if you're sensitive to smell like me, then think twice.

Big Mistake!
Reviewed on March 9, 2015

Before I started using this my face was ok I got one or two mini pimples, then after a few days of using this daily twice a day, my skin became worst than Ever. I got mini bumps and some cystic acne. It was horrible. It took me a month to figure out this is the culprit. After few days when I stop using this my skin calmed down. This might work for some but not for me unfortunately...

Best cleanser for oily skin
Reviewed on February 26, 2015

I'm in love with this cleanser. I've been using it for years and so far I've had no problems with it. I tried the Gentle Skin Cleanser before this but it left my skin feeling a bit greasy and even oilier than usual.

This cleanser is definitely the best I've tried for my skin. I wouldn't recommend it for those with normal to dry skin as it can really dry out your face. The thing I love most about this cleanser is that it really removes dirt and makeup from my face that there is hardly any need for toner afterwards.

Highly, highly recommended for those with oily skin. Just be sure to use an oil-free moisturizer afterwards.

Best Skin Cleanser
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

This is one of the BEST skin cleaner ever. For the past few years, I've been getting large whiteheads and blackheads, but after using this product for the past week and a half, my whole face cleared up. It leaves you with a clean feeling and it doesn't make your skin very dry like some products. I use it twice a day and as for my moisturizer, I use this Asian brand called Aquemoist 2 in 1 moisture lotion. It has a water like consistency and it's not greasy at all and definitely makes my skins plump and smooth. I also have some acne scars from the past and so I use clindoxyl gel 5% at night after applying the moisture lotion. Combined, these two products has made my face squeaky clean and refreshed

Reviewed on March 6, 2014

This product made me breakout in HUGE, PAINFUL clusters of cysts and nodules all over my chin, temples and cheekbones. I thought that it was just my hormones being out of whack. I should have known it was this cleanser. My skin would burn terribly and be bright red after I used it, yet i persisted for about 2 months. When I finally discontinued it, my skin calmed down immediately… and took weeks for my breakouts to heal, leaving my skin scarred horribly due to how large the spots were.

Reviewed on April 15, 2013

I started using this cleanser, as well as Spectro 5% benzoyl peroxide cream (might be better to go with 2.5%, but the 5% worked for me), followed by the Cetaphil moisturizer for normal skin while following The Regimen. WOW, I saw fantastic results in about 3 days. One week in, and my moderate acne is all cleared up! I also change my pillowcases every night. As for the moisturizer, be sure not to use in excess or you'll wake up with a greasy face. Rub it in as softly as you can and it works great

Reviewed on March 30, 2013

I love Cetaphil! I was not left disappointed. This product works for me and I use it as my cleanser in my regimen routine.

Reviewed on July 28, 2012

LOVE this product!!!!!

it's very basic and simple but it does the most AMAZING stuff to my face

it was super duper hard to come up with cons!

Reviewed on May 18, 2012

I was reccomended this product by my dermatologist for a gentle acne treatment.I never had oily skin but this cleanser is formulated to treat acne while the other cetaphil cleanser is not.It cleared my skin tremendously and I loved it for many weeks.Then..........I noticed a huge increase in the oil of my face. Everyday I would wake him to find a layer of oil.I stopped using it before my acne could appear again and switched to the cetaphil gentle cleanser.It works just as good and is better for my normal /acne-prone skin.Thank you cetaphil!

Reviewed on August 31, 2011

A great basic cleanser for oily combination skin prone to acne. I would definitely say it's a beauty staple. It has slowly helped clear up my acne a bit. It does not work overnight but if used twice a day for a while you'll start to see a difference.