Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi! i havent been formally diagnosed but I went searching on the internet a few years ago (in a time of despair over the damage I had just done by picking) and realized that I am a compulsive skin picker (for me it goes beyond acne to my finger cuticles, dry skin on lips and any other small bump on skin). until i did the search i hadnt realized a few things - how sever my picking was, how it interfered with my life and what some of my 'triggers' were. so while it was at first hard to realize that i did have a problem it allowed for me to be more proactive in changing my behavior

im not sure to what degree you pick at your skin - but any amount can cause harm, and is usually tied with feelings of shame/guilt, and most likely affects how you interact with other (for example avoiding people after a picking episode)

even if you experience one negative side effect, it is worth it to try to be better

ive tried a few things that have helped me be better about not picking (maybe there is a different forum for that?)