Notifications
Clear all

Does Anyone Have Before/after Accutane Back Acne Pics?

MemberMember
(@vojta3476)

Posted : 03/11/2014 2:17 am

I just started my 4th month of Accutane (60 mg/day) and have pretty severe back acne that has prevented me from swimming, tanning, or doing anything without a shirt on for over a year now. It's a major confidence issue for sure, and is absolutely disgusting to anyone who sees it. I'm talking ruined shirts and sheets from cysts on my back on a regular basis.

Anyway, I'm looking for a glimmer of hope. My face is clearing up nicely but my back has yet to see improvement. I was hoping someone with similar back acne problems could post before/after pics for Accutane and tell me how their treatment course went, and how long it was before they saw results. Thanks guys.

MemberMember
(@ivyagogo)

Posted : 03/11/2014 6:44 pm

I wish you luck. My son just started on Accutane a week ago and his back is a mess. I know what you mean about wrecked shirts and lack of confidence.

MemberMember
(@vojta3476)

Posted : 03/12/2014 1:35 am

ivyagogo, on 11 Mar 2014 - 17:50, said:

I wish you luck. My son just started on Accutane a week ago and his back is a mess. I know what you mean about wrecked shirts and lack of confidence.

Thanks. It's definitely a struggle and something I wouldn't wish upon anybody. Did you suffer from similar acne to your son's as a kid?

Edit: I saw another one of your posts with pictures of your son's back and I can tell you mine is about 5x that bad. People throw around the term "severe" acne pretty loosely but mine is one of the worst cases my derm has ever seen on a back. I don't think your son's looks like it should scar too badly - hopefully his clears up well. Mine, on the other hand, is going to indefinitely leave bad scarring back there of the rest of my life. It extends well below down to my shoulder blades and up over my shoulders and down my delts.

MemberMember
(@ivyagogo)

Posted : 03/12/2014 6:00 am

Wow, I thought he had it really bad. He is only 13. I think if I let it go it would get a lot worse. I can see some areas where it is already scarring. Hopefully, it will fade. I understand there are lasers and other treatments for acne scarring (once the acne is gone).

I didn't have acne at all. I was pretty lucky and only had a few pimples here and there. My husband also just had pimples.

MemberMember
(@noor12345)

Posted : 04/14/2014 3:02 pm

hows ur acne now, and ur at ur 5th month right, so how long is the course

did u get any side effects besides dryness?

MemberMember
(@vojta3476)

Posted : 04/27/2014 11:08 pm

hows ur acne now, and ur at ur 5th month right, so how long is the course

did u get any side effects besides dryness?

Just started my 5th month. Will have to do 6 months (most people only do 5) because of the severity on my back. I had a little joint pain, especially lower back pain, the first month or two, but that has subsided. I think I've been sleeping a lot more since I went on it, but that can likely be attributed to me being a 17-year-old high school senior as well. So no, nothing that bad as far as side effects.