Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
avaughan22

Proactiv Plus Vs. The Regimen

Hi, Im 20 yrs old, male, and have been suffering from moderate to severe acne since i was 18. I have been using proactiv products for 2 years and switched to proactiv plus a year ago. Proactiv solution never worked for me, but i saw better results with the plus (gentler, felt better on my skin.) In addition I have changed eating and lifestyle habits (stopped smoking etc.) I still get moderate acne and breakouts with some scarring and dark spots so I decided to order the regimen. Anyone know how similar the products are and if there will be a significant purging/transitional period between treatments? I have my breakouts somewhat under control right now but am willing to switch to The Regemin for better health in general (even the plus seems kinda harsh). I know both contain benzoyl peroxide so im thinking it won't be too much of a shock to the system?

Proactiv+ has less % of BP than The Regimen. Proactiv+ has 0.5% salicylic acid, and The Regimen has 10% glycolic acid.

Other than that, Proactiv+ is less drying than The Regimen.

I would personally combine both strengths of it, and not use anywhere near as much BP. I'd go with a gentle, non-medicated cleanser, 2.5% BP, salicylic acid in the morning and 10% glycolic acid at night, and use a bland/basic moisturizer for "emergency" dryness.

To clarify the post above, The Regimen does not have 10% Glycolic acid. AHA+ is an optional product acne.org sells that is not actually part of The Regimen. The treatment of The Regimen is 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Edited by Dan Fan

Just started on the the regimen 4 days ago. Took almost 2 weeks to receive it but finally arrived. So far no dryness, stinging, etc. I think its partly due to being used to the BP since proactiv+ has BP in step 1 and 2. How long does it usually take to experience side effects? I know Dan says to start slow and build up the BP gradually but what if your'e already used to the BP?