Notifications
Clear all

Have You Ever Taken An Emotional Day Off From Acne?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/27/2014 11:07 am

Hi evvvverrrybooody

So i dont break out much since ending accutane which was months ago. But this week has been horribleeee. All of a sudden BAM i started getting little pimples under my nose and one huge one under my eye (not right under) like under where your eye bag is. and i was an emotional wreck because of it for days and woke up today and stayed in my bathroom and cried for forever. Like i didnt know what was wrong with me- so i decided i wouldn't go to class today to take an emotional sick day off. Told my mother- and she said im due for my Period..... so that explains everything from the breakouts to me crying all over the place. Its amazing being a women sometimes.

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 02/27/2014 2:25 pm

Yes. I remember taking emotional "bad skin" days off when my skin was horrible. If I did go out on those days, I remember being really uncomfortable, wanting to disappear, and wishing I was alone.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 02/27/2014 2:59 pm

When I had bad cysts i wouldnt go out either...i just shudder thinking of those days...

MemberMember
(@mattspencer)

Posted : 02/27/2014 3:16 pm

You're not alone, I actually took today off as well since this whole week I have been breaking out horribly (I haven't broke out in months) :'(

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/27/2014 4:47 pm

I've taken an emotional week off before lol!

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 02/27/2014 5:04 pm

I used to do that all the time before accutane....

since accutane I had a breakout from shitty fake tan which made me have a mid making coffee emotional breakdown in the kitchen as I thought my acne was coming back... I feel so stupid for it now the way I slid down that kitchen counter crying *such a man* hahahaha.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 02/27/2014 6:07 pm

Yes, loads of times

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/27/2014 7:22 pm

Yes. Two days, but not in a row. One when I was in 6th grade and another when I was in 9th.

MemberMember
(@tmccoy)

Posted : 02/27/2014 8:03 pm

Yes! Lots of times in my life time.

MemberMember
(@girlathome)

Posted : 02/27/2014 11:41 pm

I used to do that all the time before accutane....

since accutane I had a breakout from shitty fake tan which made me have a mid making coffee emotional breakdown in the kitchen as I thought my acne was coming back... I feel so stupid for it now the way I slid down that kitchen counter crying *such a man* hahahaha.

Awww! Sounds like me just the other day, except mine was in the lunchroom because I have #greattiming (Im using the hashtag ironically of course).

MemberMember
(@vivids)

Posted : 02/28/2014 1:16 pm

Yes! I remember breaking out a few months ago and it was the worst time of my life. No amount of makeup could cover all the bumps on my face and they hurt! My brother was out of the country and when he came back and saw my face, he literally freaked out, which made me really sad. Things are much better now though!

MemberMember
(@reneebrown)

Posted : 03/02/2014 6:05 am

Yes! alot when i was younger:(

MemberMember
(@blacktrashbag)

Posted : 03/02/2014 8:01 am

Never.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 03/02/2014 8:13 am

I had a time once where i didnt wnat to go to an exam. I had cysts all around my mouth. The exams in japan can be quite long, one was 6 hours (with breaks) and it was just horrid. I just couldnt stop touching them to feel how raised and disfiguring they were. I couldnt focus at all on anything, then i started to panic about the exam, i needed to focus on that, (it was kanji as well just to make things harder...)

i left early and ran out all the way home.

I didnt actually do too bad, but even just thinking about it makes me stress and be sad.

The cysts were huge, and connecting with each other. It was a bad day.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 03/02/2014 8:24 pm

I had a time once where i didnt wnat to go to an exam. I had cysts all around my mouth. The exams in japan can be quite long, one was 6 hours (with breaks) and it was just horrid. I just couldnt stop touching them to feel how raised and disfiguring they were. I couldnt focus at all on anything, then i started to panic about the exam, i needed to focus on that, (it was kanji as well just to make things harder...)

i left early and ran out all the way home.

I didnt actually do too bad, but even just thinking about it makes me stress and be sad.

The cysts were huge, and connecting with each other. It was a bad day.

Yeah thursday and fri i took off ( i just emailed my professors that i was *iil* and also submitted any work)

My all of a sudden breakout was due to the fact that i decided to use moisturizer- which i cant use- even my family cant use creams. Woke up the next morning with small bumps above my mouth and a couple small acne marks on my cheeks. Found out i got folliculitis! Ive had it before so i should of known right away. Anyways.. yeah

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/03/2014 11:14 am

Absolutely, yes. If you can, try to be proactive about your skin on your day off. Schedule an appointment with an esthetician. Generally, a mild chemical peel (stick with salicylic and glycolic acid) will work wonders for your overall complexion. If any cysts are particularly bad, you may consider a cortisone shot. Warm compresses and a Retin A based topical application may also help. Advil can temporarily help with the pain and inflammation of a cyst as well.

But I'm a big advocate of doing the whole esthetician/spa thing on days when I'm experiencing a border-line acne-induced panic attack. It's nice to have someone to talk to - professionally, personally, and confidentially - at such times. Probably the biggest benefit though is that special care and attention is very therapeutic, which goes a long way in calming your nerves and reassuring your senses.

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 03/03/2014 7:30 pm

Oh I have called into work a few times at different jobs just so no one could see my hideous face. At those times its when I had monsterous cysts and they hurt like hell so there was no way I was going to any job looking a hot mess!!

MemberMember
(@michael001001)

Posted : 03/13/2014 11:51 pm

Yes. a lot of times.

MemberMember
(@acnegirl23)

Posted : 03/20/2014 1:17 pm

just like me today, i took an emotional day off due to a huge spot on my forehead which i picked.

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 03/22/2014 6:59 pm

Yes I have taken an ''emotional day'' off, more like MONTH off from school because on top of suffering from the acne, you get bullied and laughed at.

MemberMember
(@delsin)

Posted : 03/22/2014 11:17 pm

Yes i have. I always take days off from college because of this.

MemberMember
(@leib)

Posted : 03/24/2014 1:15 am

I've taken just over a week!! I just left my job 4 weeks ago which caused my stress/hormonal acne and I got a new job and put that on hold for another week to give my skin a break and hopefully it improves by the time I start!! I haven't left my house :(

MemberMember
(@marie4u)

Posted : 03/25/2014 3:08 am

no i have not. its total natural, why to get emotional?

MemberMember
(@tghn)

Posted : 03/25/2014 6:25 am

I think Ive taken way too many off... I still do but not as much u since I've found my cure. I always try not to since I know I'm jeopardising my education but sometimes I can't help it.

Here's what I've found helped me with my spots

MemberMember
(@michael001001)

Posted : 03/27/2014 10:24 am

Everyday is a emotional day off for me.