Notifications
Clear all

Sudden Breakouts

MemberMember
(@jacinthaa)

Posted : 02/25/2014 4:38 pm

Hi guys!

So, I've got a question. I've been on this forum for quite some time now, experienced all kind of things (like a really bad breakout that lasted 2 months, and the clearest skin i've ever had in my life when I was on antibiotics)

My skin has been calm for the past 1,5 years, and I'm not doing too much for it (I've got a AHA, or BHA dunno, cream and that's it)

There is just one thing that's bothering me.

Once in a while, mostly once in about 3 months, I get this HUGE breakout on one side of my chin. It differs which side, but the break-outs are always the same. Hormonal? Don't know, cause it doesn't usually happen when I have my period.

There is ALWAYS a cyst and a nasty pimple in the same place and if I leave them alone (which I don't, Yes I pick, that's a big problem) they will be gone in 1-1,5 week. And then I will have normal skin for about 3 months, and then it will happen again.

I have to mention that these pimples will occur in places where I have tiny bumps (I always have 2-3 tiny bumps on the sides of my chin, but you can't notice them) and on a day they will just ERRUPT. My chin has always been the only place where I get nasty pimples.

I have no clue what to do with this. If I squeeze these tiny bumps to prevent getting uber pimples, they will just return in other places and create mess there. My AHA-cream works like a charm on my forehead and cheeks, these areas are bump and spotfree, but it just won't do it on my chin.

Is there ANYTHING I can do, or do I just have to accept and live with the fact that I will have a breakout sometimes, which may or may not be hormonal?

Oh and as you can guess, I'm dealing with the dreaded breakout right now, and I just want to hide inside all week :P

Love!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/25/2014 4:53 pm

Hi guys!

So, I've got a question. I've been on this forum for quite some time now, experienced all kind of things (like a really bad breakout that lasted 2 months, and the clearest skin i've ever had in my life when I was on antibiotics)

My skin has been calm for the past 1,5 years, and I'm not doing too much for it (I've got a AHA, or BHA dunno, cream and that's it)

Once in a while, mostly once in about 3 months, I get this HUGE breakout on one side of my chin. It differs which side, but the break-outs are always the same. Hormonal? Don't know, cause it doesn't usually happen when I have my period.

There is ALWAYS a cyst and a nasty pimple in the same place and if I leave them alone (which I don't, Yes I pick, that's a big problem) they will be gone in 1-1,5 week. And then I will have normal skin for about 3 months, and then it will happen again.

I have to mention that these pimples will occur in places where I have tiny bumps (I always have 2-3 tiny bumps on the sides of my chin, but you can't notice them) and on a day they will just ERRUPT. My chin has always been the only place where I get nasty pimples.

I have no clue what to do with this. If I squeeze these tiny bumps to prevent getting uber pimples, they will just return in other places and create mess there. My AHA-cream works like a charm on my forehead and cheeks, these areas are bump and spotfree, but it just won't do it on my chin.

Is there ANYTHING I can do, or do I just have to accept and live with the fact that I will have a breakout sometimes, which may or may not be hormonal?

Oh and as you can guess, I'm dealing with the dreaded breakout right now, and I just want to hide inside all week

Love!

Are you sure it's a cyst or just a big pustule?

You might have to consistently apply BP to your chin, as well as salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or retinoids.

You should probably go to a derm to confirm it's a cyst or you have moderate to severe acne.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 02/25/2014 7:15 pm

Being a woman unfortunately we've got some wacky things that come along with our period. Perhaps it has to do with ovulation and timing, etc. Are you already on a BC right now that could help with any acne breakouts like Yaz, Yasmin or OTC? If you look at face mapping for acne, it shows the chin/jaw line area is indeed related to hormones. Perhaps you can look into an herbal approach to help balance out if you aren't seeking the BC route.

Hi guys!

Oh and as you can guess, I'm dealing with the dreaded breakout right now, and I just want to hide inside all week

Love!

MemberMember
(@jacinthaa)

Posted : 02/28/2014 11:22 am

I'm on Yasmin and I have fairly good skin all the time, only the sudden break-outs.. But I guess it has a lot to do with my picking, cause that will make it 10x times worse. But i might try to find something herbal, cause I'm not a huge fan of pills, creams or switching BC.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 02/28/2014 12:15 pm

Wish Clean and Green Gables have some good ideas on the herbal route. I actually just started seeing a Natropath last weekend to help with my hormonal imbalance. Saw Palmetto, Vitex, DIM, Progesterone cream, Nettle Leaf, Pygeum, Pumpkin seed oil have all been things women on these boards have talked about as an herbal approach to balancing. I've tried Saw Palmetto and Nettle Leaf and really didn't see much in the way of results. There are always options!

I'm on Yasmin and I have fairly good skin all the time, only the sudden break-outs.. But I guess it has a lot to do with my picking, cause that will make it 10x times worse. But i might try to find something herbal, cause I'm not a huge fan of pills, creams or switching BC.