Notifications
Clear all

Having Severe Red Marks For Almost 2 Years Now.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 02/23/2014 5:37 am

I started taking accutane in the summer of 2012 when i started getting big pimples, not cystic just big.

After taking it for 1 month I broke out all over my face(cystic this time) and I had to stop the treatment so I could take prednisone and antibiotics.

In about 3 weeks my face got less swollen so I went back on accutane.

After my acne cleared up(most of it) my face turned into a one red big tomato,since that my face got about 20% less red and 15% in some redder places.

After I finished my accutane in March of 2013, I started doing weekly peels at first with 30% glycolic and then 50%, of course nothing changed.

Other things I tried:-BHA for a long period(no result)

-AHA for a long period(no result)

-Differin for a long period(no result)

-Aloe Vera from plant for a short period(no result)

-almost 2 years(15%-20% less redness)

I've wanted to try V-beam but my parents couldn't quite afford it and I stared getting a few big pimples again,I went to the dermatologist and came home with a prescription for accutane.Right now I have one month left on accutane , pimples have been gone since I started it.

Dispite all this I'm about to be kicked out of highschool (11grade) because of missing it to much.Not to mention the fact that im only 16 and I already took accutane twice.

This is how my skin looks like as of today.

Any suggestions?:)

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 02/23/2014 9:36 am

....Glycolic acid worked for me, but in a facewash...youve tried a lot with no results.

Exfoliation is meant to help, but youve tried that already.

Suncream prevents them getting darker, but be careful it doenst break you out.

Increase water intake?

This is hard, everything i would have suggested youve already tried.

Can i just say though that your red marks arent bad at all in my opinion. Plus be lucky that you dont have cysts or indented scars. I honestly would love to have your skin. I know that you are still upset with it, but it isnt bad at all.

I have cysts all the time, plus some parts of skin have red marks and a few indents.

just try not to worry about it too much, i know its not what you want to hear.

Theres no need to skip school either :)

MemberMember
(@bioneedle)

Posted : 02/23/2014 11:03 am

Your skin is going to be red as long as you're on accutane. When you're off accutane the redness will start to fade.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 02/23/2014 12:35 pm

....Glycolic acid worked for me, but in a facewash...youve tried a lot with no results.

Exfoliation is meant to help, but youve tried that already.

Suncream prevents them getting darker, but be careful it doenst break you out.

Increase water intake?

This is hard, everything i would have suggested youve already tried.

Can i just say though that your red marks arent bad at all in my opinion. Plus be lucky that you dont have cysts or indented scars. I honestly would love to have your skin. I know that you are still upset with it, but it isnt bad at all.

I have cysts all the time, plus some parts of skin have red marks and a few indents.

just try not to worry about it too much, i know its not what you want to hear.

Theres no need to skip school either

Thanks for your input,really needed it.

MemberMember
(@elkhoundgold)

Posted : 02/23/2014 12:50 pm

I started taking accutane in the summer of 2012 when i started getting big pimples, not cystic just big.

After taking it for 1 month I broke out all over my face(cystic this time) and I had to stop the treatment so I could take prednisone and antibiotics.

In about 3 weeks my face got less swollen so I went back on accutane.

After my acne cleared up(most of it) my face turned into a one red big tomato,since that my face got about 20% less red and 15% in some redder places.

After I finished my accutane in March of 2013, I started doing weekly peels at first with 30% glycolic and then 50%, of course nothing changed.

Other things I tried:-BHA for a long period(no result)

-AHA for a long period(no result)

-Differin for a long period(no result)

-Aloe Vera from plant for a short period(no result)

-almost 2 years(15%-20% less redness)

I've wanted to try V-beam but my parents couldn't quite afford it and I stared getting a few big pimples again,I went to the dermatologist and came home with a prescription for accutane.Right now I have one month left on accutane , pimples have been gone since I started it.

Dispite all this I'm about to be kicked out of highschool (11grade) because of missing it to much.Not to mention the fact that im only 16 and I already took accutane twice.

This is how my skin looks like as of today.

Any suggestions?

This redness will fade. It will just take time. I like to rub neem cream into my marks and works great. Just google it. Then time is honestly your best friend. Don't stop going to class. If you need to, get a psychiatrist to write a note to the school and say you developed anxiety from acne and it affected your attendance. If you have a medical reason, I think the school will just be forced to understand.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 02/23/2014 1:46 pm

@BioNeedle - I might agree with you ,the 15-20% redness reduction happent in the time when I was off accutane,perhaps by now if I wasn't taking accutane again my skin redness would be more reduced.Thanks.

@elkhoundgold - That's one cream I haven't tried.I'll look into it.Thanks for your advice!

MemberMember
(@savvylemming)

Posted : 02/23/2014 2:48 pm

IPL is supposed to be pretty good

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 02/24/2014 9:27 am

IPL is supposed to be pretty good

If im going to get laser it's going to be V-beam.