Notifications
Clear all

First Vbeam Treatment Ever, Have Some Questions

MemberMember
(@wanwan1)

Posted : 02/18/2014 12:16 am

Hi, I have just made my first Vbeam treatment ever to get rid of my red marks/scars from acne. I got a few questions. My doc told me that my face shouldn't touch water for 5-7 days, so I can't wash my face. Is that true? I trust my doc and will do what she says, but I haven't heard that kind of rule.

I have also taking vitamin b5 pantothenic acid 400mg every day. I know that some guys are taking up to 10g each day, but I don't suffer from that kind of acne. I'm only taking 400mg/day to control my small pimples breakouts. Is it ok to take 400mg vitamin b5 during my Vbeam treatment or should I stop?

Atm I can't see any bruises 2hours after my treatment, is that bad? Because more bruises=more effective? My doc used Vbeam perfecta.

I paid 470USD$ for almost a full face treatment, including the collagen masks etc. is that cheap or expensive? How much did u pay?

Thnx

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/18/2014 1:15 am

Hey! i got v beam done! Mostly for a red mark on my forehead (not hp from acne) but it was like a collection of cells or whatever- and after she beamed that she decided to zap a couple scars i had on my face. The acne scars did not bruise- but the red dot on my forehead was like black and purple and it hurt but it went away after 2 weeks. They said it was fine to lightly cleanse- but not form of scrubbing is aloud- just use either water or a light cleanser. Also dont sit out in the sun for a week or two. Yeah. but anyways good lucK!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/18/2014 1:43 am

Sometimes derms will tell you to not wash as a precautionary measure.

High doses of Vitamin B5 aren't likely toxic, as it's water-soluble and easily excreted. I don't think taking more than Vitamin B5 will actually do anything--good or really bad--because of this property.

More bruises doesn't mean it's more effective. Some people tend to bruise easily more than others, and it's dependent on the treatment's settings.

If you can give me the general area of where you live (a state like California), I can give you a better estimate. It'll help if you know the price of the collagen mask, too.

MemberMember
(@wanwan1)

Posted : 02/18/2014 6:16 am

So I can keep on taking my vitamin b5? And not washing my face for 5 days will be difficult because my skin will get oily..

I made this treatment in China.

MemberMember
(@wanwan1)

Posted : 02/18/2014 10:43 pm

Some updates: no bruising at all, just 10 bloody red dots. Hmm actually most of my redness is the cheek area. It's not like small dots red, it's like the whole area are red because of all these old red marks going together if you know what I mean. It's difficult to describe. And these 10 bloody red dots are not in my cheeks....

No bruising, and I don't know if I should be happy or not. I have heard that when bruising it will be more effective, but I have also heard that Vbeam perfecta won't give any bruises, can someone confirm that? I hope my doc didn't used too low settings...

About my red cheeks area. If I'm not wrong Vbeam is used to target specific red dots and not a whole area, I'm I wrong? Because I. My cheeks there aren't any specific red dots, it's like a big red area. So maybe Vbeam isn't the optimal option for me, maybe IPL will be better? But the disadvantage with IPL is that you need 3-5 sessions before seeing any results...

Plx observe that English isn't my first language :)

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/19/2014 9:39 am

regarding IPL if you go to a good place that knows what they are doing and doesnt try to rip you off then they will do many passes on each spot so you will get results a lot faster. the place that i used to go to get IPL's did 3 passes on each spot but the last place i went to the lady really knew what she was doing (she has been doing IPL's and laser for years now)and was able to really know how many passes my skin could handle so she did 10 on each spot) i got way better results after that treatment.

i would wait a full 2 weeks to really assess how the v-beam has worked for you. you just might love the results once you are totally healed up.

MemberMember
(@wanwan1)

Posted : 02/19/2014 10:43 am

As a said my doc told me that I shouldn't wash my face and she gave me collagen mask that I should use morning and evening. But this collagen mask package says should use this on clean face. Hmm? I'm not feeling very clean when not washing my face, so oily and dirty etc.

When can I use my daily washing routine? I'm using neutrogena daily wash. Or should I just using water after Vbeam treatment?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/19/2014 12:23 pm

that is so strange that the doc said you shouldnt wash your face i have never heard that. that is so very odd. i googled it and all searches come up with say that there really is no downtime and you can resume normal activities and even apply makeup afterwards. i have had lots of laser work done and was never told that either.

here is a link i found with info on the procedure you had and how to care for the skin afterwards. if you arent sure about anything just call the place you got the procedure done and ask them but there should be no issues washing your face. just use a gentle cleanser and pat dry.

http://www.drheatherroberts.com/vbeam-laser-capillaries/

MemberMember
(@wanwan1)

Posted : 02/26/2014 7:30 am

A update 1 week after Vbeam: as I said the first day my bloody red dots were more red than usually. No bruise. And now it has faded to my "normal" red skin colour. No difference between before and after yet..

However, I don't think my doc used high settings. The thing is that my cheeks a red area/surface left from acne.. This area is less more red than my bloody red dots. And I think she didn't attack these big red surface, WTF?!She only attacked the extra red dots.. And this was supposed to be a "full" face treatment!?!?! 470 USD!! I'm going back to see my doc in two weeks. This time I have to tell her where to attack the big cheek area and attack it more than once with a higher settings.. I want to see result after 1-2 treatments and not after 5. I don't think she zapped enough... What a frugal jerk.

When can I use my daily scrub wash? And can I take a hot shower 1 week after Vbeam?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/26/2014 10:13 am

Ugh that sucks but give it a few more weeks before you assess the results. Things might change and the red might lighten up a bit more. I dont know about the hot shower thing I would assume it would be fine but try googling it and see what comes up. I wouldnt use any scrub on your face at least for 2 weeks but if after 2 weeks you are still healing then I would wait until you are completely healed and the skin is back to normal. You dont want to irritate the areas that were just zapped.