Notifications
Clear all

Back Acne Scar Treatment

MemberMember
(@johnjacobs)

Posted : 02/17/2014 11:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been acne free on my back and chest for about 10 months now. Been off Accutane for 9 months. I am very disappointed in the scars that have been left behind on my back and am wondering how others have gone about fixing their body scars. Mine are still colored and many are indented. I am wondering if anyone has any before and after pictures of body acne scars being fixed through laser, chemical peels, or whatever technique was used.

John

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/18/2014 12:37 am

It's difficult finding before & after pics of back scarring treatment. Some of them are on realself.com, but I can't put up the "linkable" ones here. It's a pop-up slide show with no unique URLs for each pic.

Back acne scars are tricky. It depends on the kinds of scars you have, and whether you can access a really skilled dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Fractional CO2 lasers, subcisions, high strength glycolic acid and/or TCA and fillers can work, with varying effectiveness. Back skin doesn't heal that well compared to the face.

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 02/19/2014 2:03 am

Have you been focusing on your diet? You should foremost, consult a surgeon or dermatologist for a consultation to determine what scar type you have. Don't use anything before knowing about the type and nature of your scars because not all treatments treat all types of scars and marks. However, get to know about hypoallergenic scar therapy which seems to work on most scars. A consultation is necessary though.

MemberMember
(@alijade07)

Posted : 02/25/2014 3:37 am

I used glycolic acid peels, for acne keratosis, and that helped very much with the redness of scars, also. maybe a supplement that stimulates collegen? sp?