Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Makeup

MemberMember
(@accutanelovehate27)

Posted : 02/08/2014 7:40 am

Can anyone help me with advice on makeup whilst taking accutane?

I have started using liz earle naturally active skin care- hot cleanse and polish, instant skin boost skin tonic and super skin moisteriser which so far seems to be treating my skin very well. But I am stuck on what kind of foundation to use! As the skin drys out more and more the immediate thought is to use an oil based foundation (something I have been avoiding obviously due to oily skin before accutane treatment!! So feels against the grain to do that!)

I have just purchased bare minerals powder foundation, it seems lovley but ok not sure a powder will suffice the longer I am on accutane, does anyone have any experience of this please?

I was on 60mg a day for a month then my first checkup the nurse thought I was allergic to accutane due to lips swelling after I take it and going down again by morning, derm was on holiday for all of January! So I have only just started again and have been put in half the original dose, so now 30mg a day. 60mg did seem high as I am only 8stone 3 (about 53 kg)

Any advice appreciated, also happy to give advice and share my experience as it continues.

Xx

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/17/2014 12:07 am

x

MemberMember
(@accutanelovehate27)

Posted : 02/17/2014 3:36 pm

Thank you :-)

Bare minerals is doing the trick at the moment so sticking with that for now! And liz earle is amazing!!

Now have VERY dry eyes so trying to sort that one by religiously using eye drops. Don't think working in an air conditioned office and on a laptop helps though. Have Conjunctivitis aswell- hope it's worth it!

MemberMember
(@accutanelovehate27)

Posted : 02/17/2014 4:11 pm

For anyone viewng this, poducts I would recommend that currently work for me:

Liz Earle Cleanse Tone & Moisurise

- Hot Cleanse and Polish with a Muslin Cloth - very gentle

- Instant Boost Skin Tonic

- Superskin Moisterier

Bare Minerals Original Powder Foundation

Body Shop Vitamin E Spray (sets make up and extra moisture)

Anyone else using this?

i used to be an avid Clinique fan but have found it now stings like crazy so am saving it for when I finish the accutane! Although I may stick to Liz Earle forever wub.png

Thought I would post this as I spent ages looking for UK makeup and skin care product recommendations for Accutane so hope this helps x