Notifications
Clear all

Lymecycline And Femodene

MemberMember
(@whosthatgirl)

Posted : 02/07/2014 3:44 pm

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and have no idea what I'm doing so sorry if I'm doing anything wrong!!

I have been suffering with acne on my chin for around the past 11 years. I'm 28 now. The only thing that has ever worked for me is Dianette. It cleared them up completely. That was about 5 years ago and since then it's been banned. After coming off it I tried lots of different things but nothing has worked. I've been quite lucky that in all this time it's stayed on my chin only.

For the past few years I've given up and tried to forget about it, mainly because I'm fed up of thinking about it and trying new things. I'm getting married in July so I decided now is the time to do something about it. I'm really worried about having a breakout just before the wedding (which is very likely!) and the make-up artist not being able to cover it.

I have just come back from the doctors and he was very helpful. He said to change my pill from Microgynon to Femodene and also take antibiotics (Lymecycline) for six months. I was a bit shocked when he said for six months but he assured me it's fine. We agreed that I'd go back in three months time to check how it's going.

I wondered whether anyone else has tried Lymecycline and Femodene together or separately for their skin and what the results were?

I'm worried that I'm running out of time before the wedding and the photos are going to look awful

Many thanks in advance.

Laura

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 02/07/2014 7:52 pm

Topic moved to prescription acne meds forum

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 02/08/2014 4:27 am

I've been on Lymecycline for nearly 8 months now and it's worked wonders for me in combination with Epiduo. It takes time but it does work, or at least it did for me. Good luck!