Notifications
Clear all

Help, Joint Pain And Fish Oil?

MemberMember
(@rose1234)

Posted : 02/01/2014 6:38 pm

hi everyone,

I have been taking fish oil and recently cod liver oil for my joint pain and I believe it has helped a lot. however I recently found out that cod liver oil contains vitamin a, I always buy ones that don't have vitamin a listed but now I am just confused if some of them don't have vitamin a or if they just don't list it? or is it just cod oil that has it and not fish oil, please help me! also if anyone can recommend other things for joint pain on Accutane that would be very helpful. thanks x

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 02/01/2014 10:17 pm

Don't take cod liver oil while on accutane you will overdose yourself with vitamin A! Try regular fish oil w/out vitamin a or maybe some hyluranic acid and vitamin d and magnesium! Make sure your hydrated and don't over work out!

If the joint pain doesn't stop or gets worse the please STOP accutane

MemberMember
(@rose1234)

Posted : 02/03/2014 6:12 pm

i switched back to just fish oil and it doesn't have vitamin a listed so I guess its safe, I will ask the nurse next time I go but she didn't seem worried last time I told her I took it. I only seem to get the joint pain when I don't take the fish oil but again the nurse derm does not seem to worried about the joint pain so I guess I should carry on. I have been on Accutane for almost 2 months however she did say as I am on a lower one 20mg I would be on it for longer, which seems a shame but I don't want to give up now.

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 02/04/2014 6:28 pm

Taking a glucosamine supplement (with MSM) everyday has helped my joint pain a lot.