Notifications
Clear all

This Is A Personal Log For Anyone Who Deals With Deep Inflamed Pimples

MemberMember
(@gymrat3)

Posted : 01/27/2014 10:43 am

Hey everyone,

I'm now 21. I've had pretty serious acne from the age of probably 16. I'm an athlete. Between non-stop football and basketball and probably my fathers genes, I've always suffered. Started along my chin and jaw line with these pretty nasty red bumps that I'd load up with benzoyl peroxide over night and they'd eventually come to a head and could be popped. It was just my hair trying to come through. Then it went to my forehead and between my eyebrows. Not terrible, but it was there. Basically anywhere I'd shave was, and still is vulnerable. I've tried basically everything besides accutane. I wanted to take accutane when I was like 18 or 19 I think. It would've been a terrible 6 months but probably would've been well worth it.

After countless cycles of mono and doxycycline I decided to say fuck it, yes that's necessary, and just started washing my face with unscented dove soap. This gave me the most results. I'd wash twice a day. Many days I suffered with dry skin. I was told not to use a moisturizer, so I never did. It was okay.

Todays Jan 27, 2014. I'd say about 10 months ago I told myself I was done stressing over acne and spending my life savings on products and medication. It's actually terrible to think about how much money I've spent. I'm sure many of you can relate. So this is what I did.

I showered in the morning. Usually AFTER I worked out. That was the only type of cleansing I did. If I had a pimple or two or 20 I would put some bp on them. I quit prematurely popping them. I discovered polysporin. If I wanted to rush the pimples life cycle. I'd use this stuff. It's amazing. And after any popping of a pimple. Immediately put this stuff on it. The redness and size of the bump will be gone with 48 hours.

So I shower once a day now. I figured I was showering too often, leading to excessive oil production on my face, leading to clogged pores, leading to acne. My face has never looked better.

Prior to a couple days ago, I hadn't gotten a deep pimple for about a month, maybe longer. I'm dealing with one now. The past 2 days I've been using CORTIZONE 10 cream. I've heard mixed reviews, bla bla bla. This stuff works. The size has gone down tremendously, and I bet it'll be gone within the next few days.

So polysporin and cortizone 10 cream. Bet you've never tried these before.

I wash once a day. Warm water. Rub my face if I feel like it. Then put it on cold and let it run over my face for about 10-20 seconds. This gets rid of all the redness. I suffered with some type of red patch on my chin for maybe 2 years. It was horrible. I think this cold water method and getting rid of all of the products which were probably irritants is the reason it is now gone. I have a few scars. It's whatever.

Give this a try. Let your skin run it's course. That's how we're made. Commercials are commercials. Don't believe the hype. We're all our own selves, nobody is the same. Nobody has the same skin. Products that work on someone may not work for you.

I wish I had before and after pictures. I could probably dig some up. You wouldn't believe it.

Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@nina7788)

Posted : 01/30/2014 12:18 am

Hey there. Did you get those creams at a pharmacy? I have a cyst thats been draining the past two days but does not go away. Im debating on having it injection.

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 01/30/2014 6:50 pm

Great idea these products actually do work. I've also found a way to get rid of my pimples. I find that peroxide really works great on cystic acne but does dry out your skin though.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/01/2014 4:38 pm

To OP,

First, cortisone creams are steroids. While they do help reduce inflammation, you don't wanna use that stuff for too long. Otherwise, you'll end up with a scaly skin like fish. I kid you not.

Second, alternating between hot and cold water is basically another way of calming the inflammation. However, there are better ways.

Here are some suggestions to bring inflammation under control:

1. Take oral analgesics like Aspirin or Advil. One capsule a day should suffice.

2. Consume more of the G-food: garlic, ginger, and green tea.

3. There are many OTC topical creams for treating inflammation, but I advise using a non-steroid cream for the reason I outlined above. However, why not go with something organic like honey? Ya won't need to worry about them pesky side-effects.

I also recommend you check out my DMSO thread for the latest magic potion that I've found: