Notifications
Clear all

Acne Clearing Up!

MemberMember
(@tezzallen313)

Posted : 01/15/2014 2:15 pm

Hello all!

Here's an update: I added Epiduo to my regimen about a week ago and using that in conjunction with the rest of my regimen is working wonders for my skin.

I've used Epiduo before, but stopped using it after I moved to Chicago for graduate school ( I hade to find a dermatologist).

I have moderate acne. It's on my forehead, both cheeks and chin -- sometimes I get the big pumps on my nose, right between the eyes. Sheesh!

My regimen consists of the following: Cetaphil Daily Face Wash, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (via Proactive Plus), Epiduo and doxycycline pills.

My skin is about 70-75% clear. I still get a few bumps here and there, but NOT five or six overnight. I have still have acne or my face, but it's slowly but surely fading away. Some areas are more stubborn than others, but I have confidence that the bumps will eventually dry up and disappear.

Shoot, I'm pretty much clear compared to how my face was a month ago.

I'd say my face will probably be clear within the next month.

My 26th birthday is tomorrow and you know what, I'm pretty happy where my skin is right now, which means I won't be too embarrassed being at the center of attention. I'm having a little birthday party at a hookah lounge.

Just wanted to give you all an update. Let's stay strong. We will beat this acne thing! Don't give up!

-Montezz Allen

MemberMember
(@nicolacat)

Posted : 01/15/2014 2:24 pm

Well done you. 70 to 75 % is a massive difference. Its a great feeling when you find something that helps! Hope your birthday present is clear skin!

MemberMember
(@tezzallen313)

Posted : 01/15/2014 2:34 pm

Well done you. 70 to 75 % is a massive difference. Its a great feeling when you find something that helps! Hope your birthday present is clear skin!

I know right!! Thanks, I really appreciate it. I know my skin won't be completely clear by tomorrow, but I can deal with the way it is right now.

MemberMember
(@fsksattar)

Posted : 01/15/2014 3:24 pm

Hope you celebrate your Birthday with your Clear Skin :)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/15/2014 8:31 pm

that goods enjoy your birthday :D hookah ftw

MemberMember
(@nicolacat)

Posted : 01/16/2014 3:11 pm

I know right!! Thanks, I really appreciate it. I know my skin won't be completely clear by tomorrow, but I can deal with the way it is right now.

You are an handsome young man.. listen to me.. i sound like your mother..!! There are plenty of people who would swap places with you, a few spots regardless so don't you worry about being completely clear..!! Have a good birthday!! xx..

MemberMember
(@tezzallen313)

Posted : 01/16/2014 3:23 pm

Wow! Thank you! That means a lot to me. Sometimes it can be hard to look at yourself as handsome when you have a face full of zits. Today isn't the day, though. It's my birthday and I refuse to let acne stop me from having fun! F this acne! lol

MemberMember
(@nicolacat)

Posted : 01/16/2014 3:37 pm

Wow! Thank you! That means a lot to me. Sometimes it can be hard to look at yourself as handsome when you have a face full of zits. Today isn't the day, though. It's my birthday and I refuse to let acne stop me from having fun! F this acne! lol

Trust me loads of handsome lads and gorgeous girls have acne. Its pretty common!! Look at this site, its full to exploding :) There are many fat, balding men with noses all over their face and ears like jugs who would would be grateful to only have have to worry about a few spots.. (that will go!). So on your birthday celebrate all the good things that God gave you and be thankful you aren't going wake up in the morning looking like Prince Charles or someone.. Happy Birthday!! x

MemberMember
(@tezzallen313)

Posted : 01/16/2014 3:42 pm

You're absolutely right! It could be worse. Although, I think my skin looks horrible. It's clearing up, but still ... I haven't had flawless skin since I was 16 years old. But it's all good. God is good! It could be worse like back in my undergraduate days.