Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lynn8808

Exercise And Acne?

Hello!

I have always been a pretty avid jogger. I like to go for a 30min run everyday. I was on Accutane 6 months, 4 years ago and never broke out when I jogged. However, this past summer, my moderate-severe acne came back, and every single time I went jogging, I had a cyst pop up the next day. I washed my face immediately after exercising, and I drink plenty of water. So for the past 3 months, I haven't went jogging at all, and I feel so unhealthy and gross.

I'm currently on my 2nd round of Accutane (40mg), and just finished my first month. I have to be off of it for two weeks though because my dermatologist is on vacation.

I really want to start running again, but I'm really worried I'll start breaking out bad again. I have school during the day and typcially go running in the evening, however that means I would have to wash my face 4 times a day, which I don't want to do either. 1 in the morning, 2 when I get home, 3 after running, and 4 when I take a shower at night.

Any advice?

I wear a cotton shirt which seems to wick up the sweat well. The best thing you could do was shower after your cool down as soon as possible, that's what I aim to try and do.