Notifications
Clear all

Did Anybody Try Changing The Pillowcase Daily? If Yes, Was It Effective?

MemberMember
(@coldhourglass)

Posted : 12/27/2013 12:16 pm

Did anybody try changing pillowcases daily and if yes, was it effective?

MemberMember
(@holtby)

Posted : 12/27/2013 2:38 pm

I was also wondering about this, but changing a pillow case everyday seems hard work :L

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/27/2013 3:49 pm

Ive done it but no improvement.

MemberMember
(@ooo)

Posted : 12/27/2013 4:05 pm

I wash mine once a week and it has definitely helped. I think every day is a bit too extreme. What caused a lot of acne for me was actually my blanket since I would cover my pillow with it when I made my bed.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 12/27/2013 6:41 pm

I've tried this but i don't think it has helped at all. I would just use a washed t shirt and stuff the pillow in there every night which is basically the same thing as a pillow case. Also, it depend on what is causing your acne in the first place, as I believe it has internal as well as external roots.

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 12/28/2013 9:05 pm

Did not work for me.

MemberMember
(@coldhourglass)

Posted : 12/29/2013 1:00 pm

I think it is helping me a lot. Been changing my pillow case daily for about 3 weeks now and can feel the difference....Plus I guess it makes sense because no matter how much we wash our face, when we put our face on the same piece of fabric daily that has all the accumulated sebum and dirt, chances are it's going to contribute to the problem :(

MemberMember
(@stage1)

Posted : 12/29/2013 7:04 pm

I use to do it but didn't really see any improvement. Once a week may be beneficial though.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 12/30/2013 4:33 am

I switch pillow cases about every three days. Not a major breakthrough for me. I converted to being a back sleeper so my face wouldn't be in contact with dirty pillow case, face rubbing would be minimal, and the skin could "breathe" better.......that made a difference.

MemberMember
(@patrick95)

Posted : 12/30/2013 8:51 am

I have been trying this as well for about a month or so, but no improvement here:( Just change it 1 or 2 times a week and you are gonna be fine.

MemberMember
(@peaux)

Posted : 01/01/2014 5:20 am

Hello Guys....I have done a lot of research on how fabrics help in fighting acne and other skin related issues. I am telling this from my personal experience and research that if you carry on with the practice for at least a month, you will definitely see a major difference. Just imagine for a sec that you wash you face and put it on a pillow for 8 hours. What will happen during those 8 hours if that fabric has all the accumulated sebum and dirt and bacteria? Even if you wash your pillow daily, laboratory results show that by the time you get up in the morning, your pillow has is a sac of dirt, oil and rapidly dividing bacteria because the warm side of the pillow makes it an ideal breeding ground for the pillow.

You need to change the pillow daily if you want to win the fight against acne!!!Just for your satisfaction, take a spare piece of fabric and put it on your pillow before you go to sleep. In the morning, take this piece of fabric to a lab and ask them to run a test on the presence of bacteria. You will be satisfied with the results and I am sure will change your pillow cases daily.