Notifications
Clear all

Stopping Accutane A Week Early

MemberMember
(@zeromod)

Posted : 12/09/2013 10:29 am

I am a 21 year old male and I started accutane because of hormonal acne. Im on a 5 month course taking 40mg a day and it's going amazing. I haven't had a pimple in 2 months literally!

However, the side effects all of a sudden got really bad since yesterday. Throughout my course it's never been this bad, but all of a sudden my body is much more dryer than before. I have to drink a glass of water every 2 hours. The main reason I want to stop is my eyes get super dry even with the eye drops and that's causing these bags under my eyes. I don't want them to get worse because I think they permanent and I am treating them now as much as I can. I only have a 10 days left out of around 150. I'm so convinced this drug is in my system because I haven't had a pimple in so long.

So can I please quit and still get the same results you think? I'm sick of feeling like Crap in the mornings.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 12/09/2013 1:02 pm

I personally think its a good idea to fully complete the course, especially since you're already SO close to completing it. It would be really hard for anyone on here to give you a true idea what to do... you should speak to your dermatologist about it, and see what they think.

Hope it all works out! (:

*I should mention that I agree with the others. Ultimately its best to listen to your body, and how you feel about things.*

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 12/09/2013 6:04 pm

You do what you want- I posted something similar except i was experiencing almost memory loss and like just overall felt really weird. Even though many said to just finish it- i just stopped and now a month later im all good. Its a tough drug- and nobody should be the deciding factor besides you.

oli girl liked
MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 12/09/2013 7:02 pm

agree with the poster above. I would stop if you don't feel right and besides Accutane continues to work 2 months after treatment ends!