Notifications
Clear all

Question About Acnaya?

MemberMember
(@lynseyjoxoxo)

Posted : 12/09/2013 12:40 pm

I'm on my 3rd week of using Acanya gel. I really like it so far, but I'm still getting spots on my face. I have mild acne, and before using Acanya I would usually have 5 or 6 spots on my face at a time, but now the normal amount is 2 to 4. (Which is amazing!) I have another derm appointment in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking of asking her t put me on something along with the Acanya. Does anybody have suggestions for what would work well with the Acanya? And for those who have used Acnaya, how long did it take for you to see full effects? (I'm thinking if maybe I wait a little longer, my face will be clearer.)

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 12/09/2013 2:56 pm

I'm on my 3rd week of using Acanya gel. I really like it so far, but I'm still getting spots on my face. I have mild acne, and before using Acanya I would usually have 5 or 6 spots on my face at a time, but now the normal amount is 2 to 4. (Which is amazing!) I have another derm appointment in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking of asking her t put me on something along with the Acanya. Does anybody have suggestions for what would work well with the Acanya? And for those who have used Acnaya, how long did it take for you to see full effects? (I'm thinking if maybe I wait a little longer, my face will be clearer.)

You should suggest some type of retinoid from your derm. In theory, the retinoid will keeps your pores clear while the acanya is the antibiotic killing the bacteria. Be prepared for a initial purging however. Stick with it. Its worth it.

MemberMember
(@rayainwinter)

Posted : 12/10/2013 9:22 pm

I don't know if this helps, but I took Acanya along with Solodyn, I had mild acne but the gel was too trying. My skin would peel like crazy so I used it everyday for like a week and then reduced it to once a week for a few weeks and then stopped using it completely. Is that all you are using? No medication or anything?