Notifications
Clear all

Extremely Dehydrated And Oily Skin With Blackheads And Closed Comedones

MemberMember
(@matterofwhen325)

Posted : 11/29/2013 1:25 pm

So, I've always had pretty oily skin, but now b/c of coutless face washes, treatments, creams, etc. my skin is now also very dehydrated (I know oily AND dry, just great - __ - ). My acne is fairly mild, but very persisent. I have blackheads on my nose, and blackheads/closed comedones on my forehead and nothing I have tried has been successful in fully eradicating them.

Now, my major problem is b/c my skin has become dehydrated, treatments that used to work as short-term solutions for break-outs just severely dry out my skin.

I've tried just using hyrdating moisturizers and cleansers (CerAve hydrating cleanser, Avene hydrating moisturizer), and while they help with my skin's dryness, they seem to just make the the breakouts worse or give me more clogged pores/closed comedones.

Anyone dealing with similiar issues or any suggestions on how to treat this type of skin? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

(I'm also taking fish-oil supplements and a multi-vitamin speciifcally for someone with gluten intolerance).

MemberMember
(@marchubbard89)

Posted : 01/01/2014 4:31 pm

Hi I'm 24 and think I also suffer from a similar problem to yourself, my main breakout areas are my forehead and temple (both sides) and I've suffered from it for years. I recently went to dermologica and they did a skin test, they said my forehead was sensitive in the middle and also dry and possibly a bit oily. They've recently gave me a bar soap to use twice a day when a wash and advised to apply moisturiser after. At the moment I wash twice a day with this soap and it seems to work good in areas and some areas not. I only moisturise on night also because I've found my skin looks horrible through day if I moisturise on morning too. I'm a slim lad and my diet is pretty decent however the christmas period hasn't helped.

MemberMember
(@rosie100)

Posted : 01/01/2014 10:18 pm

I have suffered with oily skin, mild acne, and blackheads/whiteheads for many years.

I used proactiv before my wedding and my skin looked great, but it quit working after a few months.

I was introduced to cleansing oils a few years ago, but didn't think it would work - oil based cleansers for oily skin?

Now my skin is oily and flaky - not a fun combo! So I started using cleansing oils (purchased some organic ones, but now make my own) and I have to tell you that my it has helped reduce the excess oily-ness in a HUGE way! I still struggle with some blemishes, but I aso have been under alot of stress lately and have been picking, so I am going to do a better job of keeping my hands off my face!

I use combinations of jojba/castor/sweet almond oils and add candula, rosemary, lavender oils, too. I mix with coloidial oatmeal for a 'scrub'. I also cut the oils with aloe vera juice, too, for a lighter cleanser.

I would encourage you to try to cleanse with oils - I firmly believe, from experience, that using oil removing products to cleanse your skin only promotes more oil production as your skin compensates for the oils that were stripped away.

Give it a few weeks before you give up on it - and try different oils/combinations. I am still trying to manage the blackhead issues but my skin is overall much better than before. Give it a try and good luck!!!

PS - be sure and up your water consumption AND try hot water with fresh lemon juice 1st thing every morning to combat dehydration from the inside-out, too!!!!!

MemberMember
(@me123456)

Posted : 01/22/2014 9:21 pm

I have the same problem too. I do have acne, but it is not such a problem. My face is very oily but also flake-y. It is irrating, because right after i wash my face it will be very itchy and dry, but after an hour or so it will be very oily. Still no solution to it.

MemberMember
(@cally123)

Posted : 06/02/2015 5:48 pm

Hi... I have this problem too... Does anyone have an update/did you treat your oily dehydrated skin?