Notifications
Clear all

Punch Graft Healing

MemberMember
(@aggyf)

Posted : 11/16/2013 4:50 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post! I'm a long time lurker and have learned so much from this board.

I will be getting my first session of punch grafting on my cheeks in a week and was wondering if anyone who has also had this done could share how long their healing process was. I guess the first benchmark i'm curious about is: how long after the procedure can you comfortably go out in public (with makeup on)?

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 11/20/2013 3:20 am

Hi there, i haven't have it done but i'm very interested to this technic to fix my ice picks & boxcar scars. I saw a lot of before & after pics with very good result, I will probably get punch graft in early next year once my acne stay stability.

My derm told me that the downtime is a week and we can wear make-up after the bandage came off. here is the pic right after a week of the procedure:

%E7%A9%BF%E5%88%BA%E7%A7%BB%E6%A4%8D.jpg

Please keep me updated & good luck in your coming procedure. rolleyes.gif

FYR :

MemberMember
(@aggyf)

Posted : 11/27/2013 1:03 pm

thank you!

i had to delay the punch grafting for a few weeks but i will try to post before and after pictures

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 11/30/2013 9:38 pm

I've had several punch grafts done. You are more than welcome to read my thread;

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 04/05/2014 8:11 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post! I'm a long time lurker and have learned so much from this board.

I will be getting my first session of punch grafting on my cheeks in a week and was wondering if anyone who has also had this done could share how long their healing process was. I guess the first benchmark i'm curious about is: how long after the procedure can you comfortably go out in public (with makeup on)?

Thanks in advance!

hi,

im looking to get a punch graft but on my nose. how did yours turn out?

were you left with any scars from the stitches, and what kind of stitches were used?

thankyou!

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 04/08/2014 3:42 pm

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

hi,

were you left with any scars from the stitches, and what kind of stitches were used?

thankyou!

My cosmetic dermatologist informed me that it is not possible to have punch grafting on the nose (because I thought I wanted it done on myself). She told me this is because the nose heals differently than the rest of the skin on the face.

MemberMember
(@peanutcrunching)

Posted : 04/09/2014 7:23 pm

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

hi,

thankyou!

My cosmetic dermatologist informed me that it is not possible to have punch grafting on the nose (because I thought I wanted it done on myself). She told me this is because the nose heals differently than the rest of the skin on the face.

ah that really sucks, did they say what other options are there?

ive seen so many skin grafts done on noses that have been succesfull, arent there any other procedures involving grafting that can be done on the nose, if not punch excision?

mine is scar tissue but its severely hyperpigmented, heres a link to the pictures of it: week following it healing http://www.realself.com/question/reduce-appearance-shiny-purple-hypertrophic-acne-scar-nose

7 weeks or so later (following heavy vitamin c and licorice usage):

http://www.realself.com/question/lighten-hyperpigmented-permanent-scar-my-nose

normally my hyperpigmentation fades after 8/9 months regardless of how bad it is but this one is definitely a scar as its a complete different texture to the rest of my skin and is much darker than my usual hyperpigmentation, which is why i just wanted complete excision and grafting of the scar. im asian so i dont know what other treatments would be effective.

(sorry that was long just thought id thoroughly explain) :D xxx

have a nice day, you arent alone in this xxxx

MemberMember
(@cherrysoda08)

Posted : 04/09/2014 8:27 pm

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

hi,

thankyou!

ah that really sucks, did they say what other options are there?

ive seen so many skin grafts done on noses that have been succesfull, arent there any other procedures involving grafting that can be done on the nose, if not punch excision?

mine is scar tissue but its severely hyperpigmented, heres a link to the pictures of it: week following it healing http://www.realself.com/question/reduce-appearance-shiny-purple-hypertrophic-acne-scar-nose

7 weeks or so later (following heavy vitamin c and licorice usage):

http://www.realself.com/question/lighten-hyperpigmented-permanent-scar-my-nose

normally my hyperpigmentation fades after 8/9 months regardless of how bad it is but this one is definitely a scar as its a complete different texture to the rest of my skin and is much darker than my usual hyperpigmentation, which is why i just wanted complete excision and grafting of the scar. im asian so i dont know what other treatments would be effective.

(sorry that was long just thought id thoroughly explain) xxx

have a nice day, you arent alone in this xxxx

Okay, I totally understand. And no, unfortunately my derm didn't talk to me about any other options. The scarring on my nose is very tiny, but I asked my derm about it anyway because I was curious to see if it was possible to perform punch procedures on the nose.

Don't worry about your response being long. :)

Why did you use licorice?