Notifications
Clear all

Water Only/ Caveman Regimen

MemberMember
(@alpaca7)

Posted : 11/10/2013 3:59 pm

I started the caveman regimen around August 23, Im a guy, I've only been wetting face with cold water every 2-3 days, an taking cold showers every 2-3 days also. I see big improvements in my body acne and I'm happy with that, but my face, not so much. It's already November 10, and it's only gotten worse for my face. I have mild acne and I never used to have it all over my cheeks and jaw line until I started the regimen. It has made my face less oily, which is good I guess. Ive tried alot of products over the past 3 years I've had acne, and it seems as if they've made it worse. I also think masturbation could have an affect on my acne, mainly because when i started to, my acne got worse. I am 14, almost 15 and I just want to get rid of this stuff! My brothers acne was never as bad as mine, maybe because he wasnt using all those products. I just want to know if i should continue this regimen and see if it's just a purging phase, or if i should just start doing what my brother did, which was just take a shower once a day, without using anything but water, and for all of you who have done this regimen, and it helped, how long did it take to see your face get better? Thanks, i appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@solaire)

Posted : 11/16/2013 5:02 am

I'm 21 years old, and have dealt with acne for the past three years. I've had mild to moderate acne. I first started out on clearasil, didn't work for crap. Then used proactiv for about year, used 3 of their systems. Ended up making my skin worse. Then switched to Lush products, helped my skin A LOT but didn't clear it up. So I started using cetaphil gentle cleanser and gentler products from Lush, and also started shaving everyday as well, my skin was improving a lot still but I was still not clear. So I thought about my journey with acne and realized that as time went on my skin got worse and I developed acne in places only after using certain products. So 4 days ago I said screw it, I'm going to stop using any products and just use water and shave everyday. My skin is healing and it actually looks like I'm going to clear up. Here's my routine:

Wake up, shave with the growth of hair/with the grain, splash my face with warm water, and then shower. I've been removing the dead flakey skin with a wet washcloth. I use a very gentle rubbing motion when I do this. My skin texture has improved a lot, and my skin isn't soaking in oil by midday.

You said you were 15, so I doubt you can shave everyday so you need to find another way to exfoliate your face. You can take a wet washcloth and gentley exfoliate your face with it, removing the dead skin cells and gunk on your face. Also I would wash your face with warm or cold water every morning instead of just every few days. That might be what's still causing you breakouts, going a few days without "cleansing" your face. I don't think you're still in the purging stage, it's been too long in my opinion. You're pretty young still so your acne could be caused by hormones/puberty.

So my answer to your question is yes! Shower daily and wash with water.

Sorry for the long post. :P

Best of luck to you and hopefully I helped in some way.

Also, what is your diet like? And are you doing any sports? This could be affecting your acne as well.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 11/16/2013 11:45 am

I got my acne clear using the regimen - I had face/body acne but quite severe back acne. I then started using only water and BP once a day on my back and it was still really clear. I then stopped using BP at all so only water and ive only had a few clogged pores and a small breakout at first but now its clear again (i still have quite a bad diet too lol) - really wanna try it on my face but i had a bad breakout and ive got some dark pigmentation that i need to address with AHA but once my face is at a stage where i feel i can go without concealer ill try it. Ill ease into it like i did with my body acne though because i think that played a factor in the success of it. I get the odd tiny red spot on my chest and whenever ive tried acne meds there i get horrendous breakouts which only go away when i just use water there. Definitely stay open to the idea of water only because i know from experience there something to it (and i used to dismiss it as bullsh*t too). Not so sure about caveman though (not even water) because even animals know from instinct to wash themselves with water.

MemberMember
(@alpaca7)

Posted : 11/16/2013 10:36 pm

Thanks soo much for the advice! An i just had a question, how long would it take for my face to start getting better again after starting the regimen?

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 12/09/2013 12:08 am

Ive been wanting to start a regimen similar to what your talking about. Im kinda tired of using benzoyl peroxide (PanOxyl Face wash) And i feel like its just drying out my skin more than anything. I think over Christmas break im just gonna shower twice a day with some warm water and see how it goes

MemberMember
(@paul051966)

Posted : 12/09/2013 2:47 pm

Thanks soo much for the advice! An i just had a question, how long would it take for my face to start getting better again after starting the regimen?

For me, it has taken about a month. Most people that have had success using this method, or even just water, say give it a good month. You'll develop a dead skin mask during the first month that may be really tough to bear. Expect some purging as well. After the 4 weeks, you can gently take off the dead skin mask if you like. From then on, your dead skin should build up less and less to the point where you might never have to take dead skin off again. I'm starting week 5 and am happy, but I might have a ways to go since I'm older and have screwed up my acid mantle for so long. I'm still getting dead skin build up, but less than before I took off much of my dead skin build up.

Everyone is different though, you might get good results with more normal skin balancing earlier than 4 weeks. But you need to be prepared to give it 4 weeks minimum. Some swear by it, being the only routine that has ever worked for them.

Also, if you do the water only method, I strongly suggest to not allow hard water or even bottled water touch your face. Instead I suggest to use distilled only water to wash.

BOL.