Notifications
Clear all

Scrub That Cleared All My Blackheads/sebaceous Filaments

MemberMember
(@avacarmen)

Posted : 11/03/2013 12:02 am

Ok so when I was back in high school I received my first facial and it cleared up everything on my face. I have always had very congested pores (probably sebaceous filaments) and was truly in awe that my skin could be clear and poreless. My problem is that I never wrote down the name or brand of the exfoliator they used bc they gave me a sample. I was 17 at the time and foolish to think it would last, like I could just use drugstore products to stay clear since my pores were cleaned out.. so stupid.

Needless to say after time my skin became congested again. By the time I decided to go back and buy it, the spa had closed down. So that's why I am here, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. What I remember is that it was a very fine brown grain, and was in some gel like mixture that was an orange shade. Overall it was a medium brown shade. It was very concentrated and had to be mixed with water. I believe the esthetician said it contained apricot and was organic. However I also think she said it was by Eminence Organics but none of their products fit the bill (I have tried MANY). So I am probably looking for a brand that is very similar. I also remember asking the price of the exfoliator and it was around $100 and a "spa size" (reason why 17 year old me didn't buy).

I'd also like to add that I have received other facials with extractions and never received any results close to this. I am positive it was the scrub because the sample I used afterwards further cleaned out my pores.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Even if it's a guess, please reply :)

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 11/03/2013 10:55 am

First of all, how long ago was this when you got the treatment?

MemberMember
(@avacarmen)

Posted : 11/03/2013 11:09 am

First of all, how long ago was this when you got the treatment?

About 3 years ago, maybe alittle longer. My skin type hasn't changed much.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 11/03/2013 11:12 am

What I would do is call a couple estheticians in your area and describe the product to them. Most people on these boards are not purchasing $100 scrubs, so you have a better chance of getting some ideas from people in the same industry who are possibly using those products.

Do you remember at all what the container looked like that she used (not your sample)?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/03/2013 9:58 pm

Ok so when I was back in high school I received my first facial and it cleared up everything on my face. I have always had very congested pores (probably sebaceous filaments) and was truly in awe that my skin could be clear and poreless. My problem is that I never wrote down the name or brand of the exfoliator they used bc they gave me a sample. I was 17 at the time and foolish to think it would last, like I could just use drugstore products to stay clear since my pores were cleaned out.. so stupid.

Needless to say after time my skin became congested again. By the time I decided to go back and buy it, the spa had closed down. So that's why I am here, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. What I remember is that it was a very fine brown grain, and was in some gel like mixture that was an orange shade. Overall it was a medium brown shade. It was very concentrated and had to be mixed with water. I believe the esthetician said it contained apricot and was organic. However I also think she said it was by Eminence Organics but none of their products fit the bill (I have tried MANY). So I am probably looking for a brand that is very similar. I also remember asking the price of the exfoliator and it was around $100 and a "spa size" (reason why 17 year old me didn't buy).

I'd also like to add that I have received other facials with extractions and never received any results close to this. I am positive it was the scrub because the sample I used afterwards further cleaned out my pores.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Even if it's a guess, please reply smile.png

Probably the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant or Dermalogical Thermafoliant or Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant. The "spa size" it is about $100.