Notifications
Clear all

Question About Salicylic Acid

MemberMember
(@buckeyes7)

Posted : 11/02/2013 12:45 am

I have a question about salicylic acid and whether or not it will help me. I get these very small whiteheads around my mouth/chin area that you can't even notice from a few feet away but they still bother me, mainly because there are usually several of them. They never seem to lead to bigger zits or anything, they're just very small whiteheads that you can carefully squeeze and wipe away.

I use Dan's cleanser, BP, and AHA periodically and I have most of my previous skin issues under control (also because of my diet).

Anyway, will salicylic acid help eliminate the tiny whitehead issues? I tried it once a long time ago but I'm not sure if it will help with this and I thought I'd see if anyone else has had this same problem and found success with SA. I wouldn't need to use it on my cheeks as they don't seem to have the same problem.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/04/2013 3:00 pm

Salicylic acid helps me, but only the high strength chemical peel version. I do 20% salicylic acid peels at home. It is cheaper that way, just make sure you follow directions exactly. Or you can pay more and get one done by a professional esthetician.

MemberMember
(@theperfectlook)

Posted : 11/04/2013 4:04 pm

I absolutely love Paula's Choice 9% BHA that works super well for whiteheads. It is great at home, but I would recommend going to your dermatologist for a salicylic acid peal to clear things up first.