Notifications
Clear all

Any Tips On Covering Forehead And Nose Acne?

MemberMember
(@non-fictional-fangirl)

Posted : 10/14/2013 9:28 pm

Hey guys,

I have mild to moderate acne on my forehead and blackheads on my nose. I purchased a natural mineral powder foundation but found that after applying my face gets greasy after a few hours, but it covers my zits really well. Do you put anything on your inflamed face after washing (besides letting it dry) before applying just mineral foundation? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/20/2013 2:52 pm

Yes, I still use a primer, even with active breakouts. I only use them in my T-zone, though. You just have to find one that doesn't break you out, or more importantly, irritate your skin. I switch between ELF's Mineral Primer and Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless. That's just me, though. Some people don't like primers or you'll have to find one that works for you.

May I ask what foundation you're using?

MemberMember
(@non-fictional-fangirl)

Posted : 12/09/2014 11:15 am

Sorry for not answering in so long. I've had much improvement since a year ago, just using the Jenny Ann's Mineral Foundation. It is just a powder, but after I wash my face I apply a witch hazel toner and concealer before the powdered foundation, which seems to be helping. I use e.l.f. Concealer because it's only a dollar, and I will look into the primer and maybe try it if it's a cheap price too! Thanks for responding.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 12/22/2014 7:54 pm

Sorry for not answering in so long. I've had much improvement since a year ago, just using the Jenny Ann's Mineral Foundation. It is just a powder, but after I wash my face I apply a witch hazel toner and concealer before the powdered foundation, which seems to be helping. I use e.l.f. Concealer because it's only a dollar, and I will look into the primer and maybe try it if it's a cheap price too! Thanks for responding.

ELF's Mineral Primer is $6 at Target and ELF's website. ELF is always having sales so you can often catch it for 50% off. I don't use primers anymore, though. Prior to going on Accutane I was using Lucy Minerals Foundation, which is a powder too. It can be built up to almost full coverage and is really light weight. I don't feel the need to use a primer with it. I can barely wear makeup now because my skin, eyes, and lips are really dry, but I plan on going back to Lucy Minerals when my Accutane course is over.