Notifications
Clear all

Opinions On These Rimmel Foundations?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 10/24/2013 7:58 pm

I've just come across the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation and the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation and was wondering if anyone has used these and what they think of them.

The major appeal of them to me is that they have some really light shades - I swatched them at a store yesterday and was really surprised at the shades available! It's always hard for me to find a good foundation that is pale enough (and isn't orange / doesn't oxidize to orange) and covers well.

So I am thinking of going back and buying one or both of those foundations but I'd like to get some opinions of them. Especially relating to the coverage they give. I have quite a bit of PIH that I'd like to cover well enough, if not fully. I've tried looking for reviews but they all seem pretty mixed - some saying the coverage is super sheer, others saying it's buildable to full for both foundations...

So I'd really like to hear your opinions on these :)

MemberMember
(@starviolet)

Posted : 11/11/2013 11:23 pm

Terrible! They oxidize like a bitch on oily skin type and settle into imperfections. I've bought them before again and again and again as they are dirt cheap but I was disappointed every time. You might like Revlon color stay if you're looking for a cheap makeup that works well on an oily skin type.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 11/14/2013 7:52 am

thanks for the reply!

I ended up buying the matte mouse one to try - I've only used it once but I liked it then. It didn't oxidise for me which was great and the shade matched my skin tone perfectly :)

Normally I do use revlon colorstay but it can feel quite heavy at times and is sort of expensive here in Australia so the rimmel is a cheaper option. Haven't completely switched to the rimmel matte mouse foundation and I do still like colorstay - but I'll keep trialing rimmel to see how i like it after a bit more use

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/14/2013 9:15 am

The Stay Matte foundation was a nightmare...like the above person said, it settled into every line, dry patch, pore...and then it was extremely patchy by the end of the day. I looked like a zombie eusa_doh.gif Haven't tried the Match Perfection though. I did really like the Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation, but the lightest color may be too dark for some, that's the main complaint that I hear. I've since switched to Merle Norman and Origin foundations. A bit more pricey, but they don't have any of the nasties that many drugstore foundations do. They cover well and they last a long while too! Best of luck to you!

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/14/2013 10:31 am

thanks for the reply!

I ended up buying the matte mouse one to try - I've only used it once but I liked it then. It didn't oxidise for me which was great and the shade matched my skin tone perfectly smile.png

Normally I do use revlon colorstay but it can feel quite heavy at times and is sort of expensive here in Australia so the rimmel is a cheaper option. Haven't completely switched to the rimmel matte mouse foundation and I do still like colorstay - but I'll keep trialing rimmel to see how i like it after a bit more use

That's awesome that the Stay Matte works for you! Like the old saying goes "why fix something when It's not broken?" grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 11/14/2013 11:26 pm

thanks for the reply!

I ended up buying the matte mouse one to try - I've only used it once but I liked it then. It didn't oxidise for me which was great and the shade matched my skin tone perfectly smile.png

That's awesome that the Stay Matte works for you! Like the old saying goes "why fix something when It's not broken?" grinwink.gif

Hahah yeah that's true :P

Though I've used it again today (so it's only the second time I've used it) It covers really well and I don't need to use much for it to cover well - but I noticed it settling into every line and pore and it's very patchy looking now - like you said! So I think it would work well if I only needed to wear it for a short amount of time... but it's not the best foundation out there that's for sure

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/15/2013 9:17 pm

thanks for the reply!

Hahah yeah that's true tongue.png

Though I've used it again today (so it's only the second time I've used it) It covers really well and I don't need to use much for it to cover well - but I noticed it settling into every line and pore and it's very patchy looking now - like you said! So I think it would work well if I only needed to wear it for a short amount of time... but it's not the best foundation out there that's for sure

Awww,darn it! Maybe the Match Perfection might work better? Can you get the 25 Hour Lasting Finish where you're at? That one is my absolute favorite out of all the Rimmel foundations I've tried cool.png

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 11/15/2013 10:23 pm

Awww,darn it! Maybe the Match Perfection might work better? Can you get the 25 Hour Lasting Finish where you're at? That one is my absolute favorite out of all the Rimmel foundations I've tried cool.png

Maybe match perfection would work better but I'm worried the fragrance might break me out. Still might try it one day though.

Yeah I can get the lasting finish one - I'll have to keep that one in mind!