Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Depression

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 10/01/2013 6:57 am

my gp wont put me on it as i have had a history of depression. i am now off antidepressants. I became depressed due to illness. However my question is this: What are your experiences with accutane as regards depression? is it worth trying if everything else fails?

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 10/01/2013 9:30 pm

I guess my question is what illness did you suffer from and could Accutane further make your illness worse in terms of health. I guess many people will give you different opinions regarding Accutane and depression. Thing is that it is documented and can cause depression, mental issues and suicide in some. So if you have a hx of depression then it could make it worse.

All in all you are in charge of your health and have to make the final decision. Maybe try light therapy, holistic etc...

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 10/02/2013 5:30 am

thanks for your comment :) i have ME and Fibromyalgia which are both long term- i got depressed through being housebound but have improved to the point i have just got a job for the first time in almost 5 years :D i definitely wouldn't' take going on this lightly- hopefully the dianette will have an impact