Notifications
Clear all

Acne In Same Spots

MemberMember
(@lj94)

Posted : 09/28/2013 8:50 am

I keep getting acne in the same spots! These are close together on my right cheek. I will get a zit that comes to a head, breaks eventually, and the pus will come out. However, whereas normally when this happens to a zit, after a while the skin will go back to normal, in this case i feel a hardness under the skin even after the zit is gone. Eventually i get a zit there again. There are a couple of spots like this and i continually get zits in these spots. Its just never clearing up underneath the skin. I have stopped getting any zits on other parts of my face.

Any suggestions on what to do?

post-217933-0-03516700-1380376227.jpg

post-217933-0-03516700-1380376227.jpg

MemberMember
(@who-is-box)

Posted : 09/28/2013 12:18 pm

I wouldn't touch them in any way what so ever as this can spread underneath and increase sebum production. its what I heard so im trying to stop but its hard

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/29/2013 3:54 pm

Cortisone shots or deep TCA peels performed by a dermatologist are really the only things that fix an "impacted" pore like this.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/07/2013 12:55 pm

If you get a TCA peel, you must get on antibiotics first and let the spots fully heal, as you're not supposed to have active inflamed acne during peels and skin healing. But if you have deeply clogged pores causing continuous break-outs on the same spot, a deep TCA peel (which will take a week's downtime of staying indoors and needs a professional to perform it, on top of a course of antibiotics to prevent inflammation during the healing) would probably resolve the issue. I remember having one pore on my cheek that kept clogging very deeply over and over so there would be a bump in the same spot, and a TCA peel made it finally disappear for good.