Notifications
Clear all

Updated Photos Of My Severe Acne Scarring, Pleas Help?

MemberMember
(@ai3forever)

Posted : 09/28/2013 12:09 am

I feel so so depressed I do not know what to do anymore. Previously I posted these photos of my scars (Which is how it looks its good lighting). Comments from members are not that bad, moderate and even mild. I said it is worst then 99% of the members here and they said it wasn't true i'm overreacting.

dm-013799207251.pngdm-13137992072611.png

I've downplayed my situation so much, sometimes thinking that i might be overreacting. But everytime I look in the mirror it tells a different story. I actually wouldn't mind at all if my skin looks like the above everytime, but sometimes we are forced to stand under bad lighting. I've managed to get my scars to show the depth and the true extent of the damage of my skin with the new photos below, this is how it looks in the worst possible lighting. Note: I tampered with the lighting to bring out the scars but i've never purposely added new scars or did any changes to the photos except the lighting.

dm-513803436851.pngdm-12138034368410.png

Just look at the monstrous moon crater that is my face. Firstly, I'm not a guy that would make a molehill out of a mountain. But try living with scars like above.I can't even hold a single face to face conversation properly. I just don't know what to do, my scars are too severe for treatment and it is not minor enough for me to just said move on with life. I am just hoping someday in the future they might be true scarless healing technology however how dim that hope may sound.

MemberMember
(@numan)

Posted : 09/28/2013 2:14 am

What would you like us to say then? I can always parrot, no problem.

But I'm going to say this again. All I see are enlarged pores and scattered scarring, but I won't classify it as severe because the texture is only aggravated as resultant from dilated pores and I am guessing it is due to over usage of benzyol peroxide or similar. I can count the same number of scars in both lighting actually, there simply isn't any difference in severity (quantity) other than you highlighting them.

I had similar problem to yours, but I threw out all my skin care products and washed my face only with warm water, applied tretinoin cream and light moisturizer conservatively for months before seeing improvement. Then I went in for fractional ablative CO2 resurfacing (CO2RE, Fraxel Re:pair and Deep FX are the usual lineup) which helped somewhat, bugger to all other lasers because they simply aren't aggressive enough. Scion lasers aren't even in any of my consulted PS and derm's offices and I cannot even find any information about that.

You might want to look into TCA CROSS under a professional. I heard it -might- give good results on icepick and dilated pores especially when combined with other techniques.

There you have it, my answer again in a nutshell.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 09/28/2013 2:48 am

i know what you feel exactly ,i'm here also with moderate severe acne scars , scars damage confidence , mental and life, but no way .. get busy living or get busy dying !!,, until the previous year ,my life was totally damaged , failed in my college for many years , don't like to go outside to see the world and everyday feel with sadness ,,and someday i decided to do something , learning more about skin, scar tissue,wound healing and acne scars treatments,,finishing my college and after that travel outside my country to work and start treatments journey ..

first, don't look at your scars in bad lighting that make your scars look 100x worse !! ,, do your search about all acne scars treatmnts ,,

do may consultations with doctors that have very good skills in acne scars treatments with asian skin .

for treatments , i think you should look for fractional co2 laser and i mean here ( fraxel reapair or total fx lase) cuz from my search on forums and seeing doctors recommendations over realself.com , they seem the best ,,may be also you look at tca cross but sometimes it cause scars too look worse , there also punch graft , some doctors combine punch graft with laser or dermabrasion and results loo very good ,, look at this http://dermatologue-arouete.com/content/traitement-des-cicatrices-acn%C3%A9-paris-dermatologue

if you want less aggressive treatment, there is microneedling (edermastamp,dermapen) and may be combine it with 35% tca peel or vipeel , and you may be need multiple rounds , be positive and i hope best for you ..

MemberMember
(@dmitriy)

Posted : 09/28/2013 8:01 am

I can understand how you are feeling. I have similar textural issue resulted from acne scarring. It helps a lot if you don't look at yourself in the mirror as often. I've read that you had laser for the scars. The laser made things worse for my scars. I can remember how my skin looked like before the laser and it's like night and day in comparison. The laser completely made my skin prone to more scars. I don't think you are overreacting because we all know how our skin used to look like before the scars.

MemberMember
(@searchandseek)

Posted : 09/29/2013 8:23 am

Whats up Al3forever. Let me put this in perspective.

I'll tell you straight up-front. You know, you're absolutely right. I agree with you 100%! There's nothing that can be done about your acne scars at this time. They are just too severe. It is hoped that one day someone will invent a new technological "medical breakthrough" that will "shake the world" and will fix this problem forever without any risk. In fact, maybe I myself, who has acne scars as well, should quit everything I'm doing and try to look for a cure until its safe to come out. Maybe I should put a halt in everything im doing right this minute because of my acne scars, and live in reclusivity because I'm feeling so depressed. What should i do? The questions are... what am i do do.... Thats the million-dollar question. Should i fix my skin... Or should I get thick-skinned and learn to deal with it?

Since the world was created, there has been cures for many diseases. But yet no one has invented the cure for the common cold. There has been centuries that have evolved... century afer century... decade after decade.... year afer year... throughout all parts of the "world" and no one ever figured out that a simple indent on the skin of the face can be easily fixed. There is no fool proof 100% guaranteed method of removing acne scars permanently. You would figure that throughout all this, that someone (just one person in the entire world, century after century... in just one moment in time) that some messiah, or a genious (by mistake... just like how the cure for penicillin was discovered by mistake) would have figured out a solution for acne scars. Perhaps prevention was better than treatment.

Hahaha... Forget what I just said above. i was just kidding about the above just to put things in perspective, but did you see how that sounded? Im just trying to prove a point. Don't feel so down about your scars man. Make the effort to ask medical practitioners about the treatments that can be done about it, and investigate. Look into the things I mentioned about in the other post. They are very realistic approaches. Meanwhile keep your head up high brotha.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 09/29/2013 12:04 pm

hey i just wanted to say that i totally know how you feel but at least to me your scars dont look that bad at all. i think scars on men look good for some reason so at least you got that going for you but seriously just force yourself to go out and do things. after a while it will get easier and then you wont think about them as much. my own hubby has acne scarring and he still looks pretty hot to me and what i love about him is that he is still confident it hasnt changed him one bit. so just try to think about all the good things you have going on in your life and stay positive. it will get better.

one more thing, i have scars as well and at first i wanted to die and had so much anxiety but then i realized that i can either sit inside and cry all the time and miss out on my life or i can go out and try to enjoy things as best as i can. for me there came a point when i was just done being sad about it all the time. it required way too much energy and just wasnt worth it. you will get to this point as well it might just take some time is all. anyway stay strong and if you ever need to talk pm me anytime.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 09/29/2013 8:28 pm

Seriously, I'm almost tempted to post pictures of my scars. ALMOST.... just to make a point about putting things in perspective. I WISHED I had your scars. Your scars are certainly not "so bad" that they cannot be improved.

On one side of your face, I see a few icepick scars and some large pores. On the worse side, I see some ice pick scars and a few larger indented scars, which seem like they can be improved with subcision with some filler to level out the sunken areas. For texture, you may need to look into fractional c02 lasers. All of the currently available treatments are imperfect with varying levels of risk. Personally, I don't foresee a miracle cure-all on the immediate horizon, since most of cosmetic surgery today is focused on getting rid of wrinkles for little old ladies (no offense to any little old ladies here). Treating acne scarring is neither exciting or glamorous for doctors.

Sounds like you have a job, so if you have money, or start saving up, you can start the task of fixing your scars. Your current choices are 1) do nothing 2) get them treated and accept that you cannot achieve porcelain skin 3) end it all ( sorry that's my gallows humor).

MemberMember
(@hanzuno)

Posted : 09/30/2013 1:03 am

I would try dermastamping with 1.5mm , it may reduce the depth of your rolling scars and soften the appearance of your ice pick scars. Its probably going to take forever to see "good" results but better soon then never.

I've been dermarolling/stamping for past 2 months and have seen good enough improvement on my rolling scars to continue. My ice pick may a improved a little but im not sure and it is still early.