Notifications
Clear all

Whitehead Pimples Inside Nose

MemberMember
(@shell45)

Posted : 09/13/2013 8:54 pm

Hi,

I have had these teeny little white spots on and off inside both nostrils for about a month and a half or so. I saw my dermatologist, my ENT, my family doctor, and a med center doctor and none of them can tell me what is causing them so they chalked them up to 'just whitehead pimples'.

I have been tested for staph and it was negative. They just pop up, hurt and burn, and within a few days they go away. They do come back within a few days though so I almost always have one or two of them at all times. I was given Bactroban to use as needed.

Does anyone else have anything like this and if so, do you know what they are and what causes them?

Thanks,

Shell

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/13/2013 10:06 pm

Yea I used to get them often, and still do every now and then. They're perfectly normal, just in a really odd place lol.

I would think the ointment would make it worse actually. I'd try to keep your nose clean and dry.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 09/14/2013 12:32 am

Oh, I used to get those now and again too! I haven't had any for a few years now, but it's such a weird place to get them.

I agree with the above though, I probably wouldn't stick BP or anything up there. I use tea tree + water to keep my nose piercing clean though, so I guess if you really wanted to you could put some on a q-tip and on the pimples?