Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Inc 1% Clindam (Topical Antibiotic) Help Please

MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/06/2013 12:45 pm

Hey, I was wondering If people could share their views and successes please? I went to the doctor today to get a prescription for the 2.5% and its been discontinued in the UK. I am a little worried about the drying and peeling effects...esp when trying to put makeup on. If its too strong for me I can always order the 2.5% from online. Replies are greatly appreciated. Gem x

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 09/06/2013 1:08 pm

Hey, I used this combination a few years ago in a gel called Duac. I'll be honest, it didn't clear my acne completely but it did improve it a lot so some of the best skin I've ever had was whilst I was using this stuff. Using a good moisturiser with it I didn't get too bad a drying effect from it either so I was still able use my foundation as normal. I'd advise just using a thin layer of the stuff alongside a decent moisturiser and hopefully your skin will tolerate it fine like mine did. :)

Gem84 liked
MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/06/2013 2:26 pm

Yeyyy hopefully! Thanks for your reply. Mine is Duac too. I might try it tonight :)

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 09/06/2013 6:12 pm

Yeyyy hopefully! Thanks for your reply. Mine is Duac too. I might try it tonight smile.png

No problem :) I'd just go fairly easy on it to start with to test how your skin reacts and make sure you moisurise. Best of luck with it! Hope you see the results you want.

MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/07/2013 3:59 am

First night done and not too bad. .spots are a little bit flatter I think and skins not too dry (for now)

MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/09/2013 5:31 am

UPDATE! !!! 3 nights in and its working, no new spots and all remaining are dry and almost flat now. My skin isnt dry either!!! (maybe because I had previously had two SA peels so my skin has strengthened) Hope it carrys on improving and working.

MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/19/2013 4:07 am

UPDATE - Around 2 weeks now and going really well for me. Minimal dryness and no peeling. The spots heal within 2 days and I have definitely had a reduction in new spots.