Notifications
Clear all

Will Accutane Cure Breakouts Caused From Dairy? (And Other Questions About Starting)

MemberMember
(@jjasd33)

Posted : 09/05/2013 3:51 pm

I am about to start my accutane course (myorisan, 40mg 2x a day) as I have dealt with moderate acne on and off for the past 4 years. I mainly am taking it to cure myself of cysts, as I seem to always get minor ones, but also 1 bad one every couple months.

I just had a few questions...

Milk used to cause a few bumps for me, as it does for a lot of acne prone people, so I was wondering if accutane shrinks the oil glands permanently, will dairy products still cause acne, or acne cysts, or will the accutane cure this problem?

Also, I have a party to go to tomorrow and i start my new job on the 16th of september. Should I wait until after the party to start my course of accutane since I will be consuming alcohol, or will it not really matter since I would only be on my 2nd day? Normally I would wait, but I want to make sure the initial breakout doesn't happen when I start my job. My derm said I would most likely avoid the initial breakout since I am on antibiotics and since my acne is not severe enough, but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, I am taking it twice a day, which means one in the morning and one at night. I hear it makes you sleepy a few hours after ingesting, so I was wondering if it would be okay to drink like a red bull in the morning after taking it on the way to work so I do not act sleepy while working. I am trying to make my best impression since I am just starting, and want to be as alert as possible. Does caffeine affect accutane?

Any other tips are welcome...I already bought aquaphor lip repair and the cetaphil moisturizing "cream"..good choices?

Thanks Guys.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 09/05/2013 6:36 pm

Accutane will clear up your acne even if your acne is due to diet, but once you stop Accutane your acne may return if you continue the acne-promoting diet.

Regarding Accutane and alcohol:
post-145613-0-76054300-1377774492_thumb.
(Click to enlarge)
There is no known interaction between caffeine and Accutane.
Good luck
MemberMember
(@miickey-mouse)

Posted : 09/06/2013 12:04 am

Accutane will clear you from dairy related acne. There is not enough oil for the bacteria to cause infection.

Secondly I probably wouldnt drink on my first day of accutane just because it may be a shock on the liver. I have been on accutane for 1.5 months now and have drank once (a lot). Nothing bad really happened, I maybe got a few more pimples but that could also be due to my IB stage. I try to stay away from alcohol tho as it is taxing on the liver, but if its a huge event I will (I used to drink every weekend).

Also one day isn't going to make a difference regarding accutane Inital Breakout. I got mine on around day 11 and it lasted about 2 weeks ( was pretty bad) its calmed down now but still get a few pimples here and there.

The fatigue factor, I don't believe it is enough fatigue to require a red bull in the morning haha. Fatigue wouldn't hit you within 10 days either.

Feel free to ask me any questions. Good luck :)

Miikey

MemberMember
(@jjasd33)

Posted : 09/06/2013 11:05 am

haha alright, thanks so much guys...cannot wait for the day where I can finally enjoy a tall glass of chocolate milk again

one more thing however:

You know how the pills come in those annoying boxes with 6 different sheets? Would it be alright if I punched them all out and put them in a regular cannister, that way in the morning and night I can just easily grab one before work or before bed? Or can they not be exposed to oxygen, or something crazy like that due to the packaging lol (stupid question, but jw).

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 09/06/2013 5:00 pm

You know how the pills come in those annoying boxes with 6 different sheets? Would it be alright if I punched them all out and put them in a regular cannister, that way in the morning and night I can just easily grab one before work or before bed?

That's fine