Notifications
Clear all

So Confused.

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 09/01/2013 8:35 pm

I don't know how to treat my acne anymore. I'm so frustrated.

I'm currently using Dan's regimen, but with store bought products. I use CeraVe's foaming cleanser, Neutrogena's on-the-spot BP, and Garnier's gel-cream.

I've been using this since march, I believe, and the longest time I could call myself "Clear" is about one week, then I break out again. I've having some serious doubts about this regimen now. And I have no idea what to do.

Currently, I have about 3 active pimples above my lip, and it looks like there's 2 or 3 more trying to come in. All above my lip. I have no idea why this is happening! Not to mention I have a couple below my lip too. I had a couple come up on my cheek, but they went away quickly.

I'm so stressed about this because school starts up in 2 days. I have no idea what to do. Ever since middle school i've been cursed with having to show up to school with nasty breakouts. I'm a senior this year, and just for once I'd like clear skin.

What can I do??

MemberMember
(@zefferson)

Posted : 09/01/2013 8:42 pm

Looks like someone might be reacting to fluoride!

Change you toothpaste or mouthwash because it seems to me, judging by the areas popping up with acne, that your skin does not like the fluoride - (if when you brush your teeth you can't hold the foam in your mouth).

Keep on the regimen - it's stupid to stop now.

Acne is a game of elimination.. Keep on playing!

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 09/01/2013 8:53 pm

That could be it. I just switched to a new toothpaste. But I checked my other toothpastes I've used in the past and they're all fluoride. I'll look into getting a non-fluoride kind though

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 09/01/2013 9:38 pm

YEs! toothpaste can do that- crest is actually the only thing i trust- tarter protection paste ( not white kind)

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 09/02/2013 7:16 pm

Hey carwinns... I know that feel (forced to go to school and show your face when it's not in the best of conditions). Btw, awesome profile pic! Bioshock is epic

But, like the people above me have said, if your acne is concentrated in one particular area, think about what exactly goes on around that area. Say you have spots all over your forehead... the cause could be shampoo or conditioner-related. Since you have the biggest number around your mouth, it sounds like either a food- , lipstick, or toothpaste-related issue.

Like Mr. Zefferson said, look into trying different toothpaste. Personally, I use Xyliwhite toothpaste by Now Foods. Tastes great and, after many many years of acne right around my lips (imo insanely annoying), I haven't had a since spot within 1-2 cm of my lips in a long time. So give it a try if you want! Good luck